Quadrants & Hemispheres for Beginners

June 24, 2021 at 14:45 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Quadrants & Hemispheres for Beginners
Working in layers when interpreting a chart, how much do the quadrants and hemispheres influence what you see? What experience can you share in relating the qualities of each? Both do´s and dont´s would be handy.

For beginners reference: (someone please correct if necessary)

Quadrants:
Self - Houses 1, 2, 3
Creativity - Houses, 4, 5, 6
Partnership - Houses 7, 8, 9
Society - Houses 10, 11, 12

Hemispheres:
Northern - Extrovert
Southern - Introvert
Eastern- Free Will Motivated
Western - Other Oriented

My own chart is heavier on the self quadrant and introverted and free-will hemispheres, which has been advantageous for me in the past working with victims of domestic abuse who become too deeply entrenched in "other", too introverted to seek help. On the flip side - it makes "me" get real sick of "me" of a regular basis in a lot of other areas.

It is helpful to see the why behind the what, and this seems like a more subtle influence than the signs and houses, to be applied secondary but I´m guessing. Perhaps this is the first thing I should be looking at when seeing a chart for the first time.

All insight appreciated.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 24, 2021 at 16:33
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
So glad I asked!!!!!!

Many thanks all, REALLY love you for it, revising notes ....
June 24, 2021 at 16:19
(Virgo) astreo
I like to divide it into three thirds.

They all start with fire and end with water.

ME
* The first third (1 to 4): Inner Self not shared.
1. FIRE: I am. Body and personality (you can´t share it).
2. EARTH: I have. Eigenvalues ​​(you cannot compare it).
3. AIR: I think. Own thought (only belongs to you).
4. WATER: I feel. No one can have your feelings.

U.S
* The second third (5 to 8): Shared External Self.
5. FIRE: I do. The fire starts the third, wanting relationships.
6. EARTH: I analyze. The land makes it useful.
7. AIR: I balance. The air balances it.
8. WATER: I am gone. The water works it.

THEY.
* The third third (9 to 12): Society and Future Plans.
9. FIRE: I see. Start again with fire, distant ideals.
10. EARTH: I structure. Start working on ideals.
11. AIR: I plan. You start to see the future and the profits.
12. WATER: I imagine. Loss of everything and end of the cycle.
June 24, 2021 at 15:52
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I definitely think quadrants and hemispheres are important in a reading. However, I´ve not heard of the meanings you´ve got listed. I´m mulling it over and honestly, I´m having a hard time relating to it. Here is how I see them.

Individual focus - houses 1-4
Relational focus - houses 5-8
Social focus - houses 9-12

Hemispheres:
upper (southern) - social, giving out
lower (norther) - self-development
left (eastern) - self
right (western) - other

Quadrants
lower left (1-3) - self-focus, self-development, inward attunement
lower right (4-6) - other-focus, awareness of how people impact you, sensitivity to how others treat you
upper right (7-9) - other-focus, awareness of your impact upon others - there´s empathy here
upper left (10-11) - awareness of your impact upon society or the world, people feel a need to accomplish something that is impactful to society

However when interpreting these things, these meanings have a flexibility because the whole chart will show more. For instance, a person with a lot of planets in houses 1-3 - may indeed be working hard on self-development but because they are doing that, they may have a very significant impact upon the world. It doesn´t mean they will be selfish or egocentric. So, you can´t see these meanings as something that is something all on its own. It´s just a little piece of the puzzle.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
June 24, 2021 at 15:28
(Scorpio) OS*
Yes, definitely. I think the houses where Sun and Moon might be most important, and they’ll be either supported or triggered by other themes depending on aspects to planets in other houses.

“Planets show us what is happening; Signs show us how it is happening; Houses show us where it is happening.”

it’s weird cause I can be extrovert but also am very introvert, Moon is in the northern side and Sun on the Southern hemisphere. Most of my planets except my moon are on the eastern, free will motivated. I’ve been “tested” to rely of myself so many times. .. Perhaps I need more independence and freedom than maybe someone with more planets on the western side.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »