Element Blending for Beginners

June 23, 2021 at 13:43 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Element Blending for Beginners
How do you blend your elements? For example, an Earth sign overlaying a Fire house, Water house, Air house, etc.

My reading covers this but it would be helpful to hear from people who have been doing it so long it´s become second nature.

I struggle with the order of things sometimes. If Capricorn is in the first house (we´ll say an empty first house to keep it simple), does Fire have any upper hand over Earth, vice versa, or do they blend equally? How do you see it?

All ideas on reputable information sources or tips from your own experience is much appreciated.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 24, 2021 at 15:08
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Rosincvist
That´s going to cost you another question and / or I´m not sure I can handle more Christmas drama than already exists :61:
June 24, 2021 at 02:51
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Jaided
Good! Glad I could clear that up for you. GuitarGirl is asking super good questions!
June 24, 2021 at 01:41
(Capricorn) Jaided » JayJayAstrology
Thank you for this! Sometimes I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around how the houses and signs work together. I have so much 5th house, in the signs of Capricorn and Aquarius. So the 5th doesn´t necessarily make me a Leo, but the areas of life regarding the sign of Leo are a big part of me... Under the influence of Capricorn and Aquarius. I used to get confused by this, thinking my 5th house gave me less of a Capricorn personality due to Capricorn and Leo being quite different.
June 24, 2021 at 01:21
(Taurus) Rosincvist
There is a reason Angularity and Cardinality are more important than element, more learning comes from Modality than element! Element could be just decoration........but that doesn´t mean there won´t be a brawl at the Christmas Store :51: :52: :54: :56: :55: :57: :58: :59:
June 23, 2021 at 14:37
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Another good question!!!

We aren´t really "blending" house and sign elements, modes, orientation, etc. One doesn´t trump the other - I think it is more like addition.

Your example - Capricorn on the ASC - will act in accordance with where it is - first house - so it will affect the body, one´s appearance, one´s presentation, how one projects the personality out into the world. That´s all first house stuff - and with the first house comes Aries, fire, yang and angular. So, the house offers the fire or passion or need to relate as an individual in the social world. Capricorn is more about the qualities in which we do that. So, this person no doubt will be a hard worker, might seem rather serious and might be quite ambitions. They will move slowly but steadily and have Capricorn physical traits.

I think it´s more like we are adding two things together, but they aren´t exactly a blend. The house states the area of life and the sign adds flavors, qualities to it. It´s more like 2+2=4. House qualities define the area of life we´re considering and Sign qualties define how we do that house.

Ideally, I consider house first and then the sign on the house and the ruler of the sign on the cusp.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »