Natal placements that may make a person struggle to gain weight?

June 21, 2021 at 14:05 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Natal placements that may make a person struggle to gain weight?
I´ve always been underweight. I didn´t reach a healthy weight even when I tried eating 2,000-2,500 calories per day everyday for 6 weeks (my maintenance number is 1,300 calories.)

Biologically I think it was because my body was rejecting the extra calories instead of using them - I was using the bathroom much more than a normal person. I was wondering if there may be any astrological indicators.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
June 22, 2021 at 17:24
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Castlewallsxo
Lots of people have prominent Leo who are not underweight. You have to look at more influences, as I did with your chart. Just remember - the planets are not making you underweight. Your responses to them, however, do. If you could connect with the analysis I gave you - and sought to change yourself by doing more of your Libra North Node and Sun, you´d probably be able to loosen up the Saturn hold. I´m not saying inner work is easy, but it´s usually the only thing that can bring about change. Maybe you´re fine with your weight and you don´t care to change it. People don´t seek to change unless there is a health issue or emotional issue that gets in their way - or have a strong spiritual bent that makes them want to let go of their emotional baggage. You might look into anorexia - even if you aren´t anorexic - it might give you some insight into others who have trouble gaining weight.
June 22, 2021 at 00:52
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » JayJayAstrology
I wonder if Leo might contribute somehow. My aunt and I both have prominent Leo 🤔 we also both have little to no water in our charts

This question is particularly frustrating because I can typically google the placements of other people who share a characteristic, but this one is pretty rare. Statistically only 2% of people in western countries are underweight and even most of those people are probably underweight by choice (dieting etc), not by nature.
June 22, 2021 at 00:30
Okay good. Then my theory might be correct!
June 21, 2021 at 22:44
I know you said a lot of things, but I struggled to understand them. The Saturn one was the only one I understood so that´s what I focused on. I´m sorry 😭

I´ll try to answer your questions

"You are probably fiercely independent, while also, focused on improving relationships" I relate to this

"You can draw people to you, but do you do the Libra energy exchange" I don´t feel like I often extend out to others.

"and do you let go of what you want to change and assimilate the new?" I have a lot of difficulty with change. Blame it on my fixed placements I suppose

"Are you self-critical with Virgo being there?" Yes!

"Does it stop the Libra energy exchange?" Probably.

"Do you see a correlation between these two - assimilating food and assimilating new qualities from others?" It makes sense.

I think I understand your comment a little better now that I dissected it.
June 21, 2021 at 22:31
I said a lot of things, and I did not say Saturn is the only influence - but yeah, it´s in Aries conjunct Saturn, holding onto unconscious anger maybe? I´m not going to repeat what I already said. You didn´t say whether you related to the different things I said. I could be wrong - I only have theories here. Plus, the planets don´t make us do anything. It´s how we respond to them that is at issue.
June 21, 2021 at 22:27
So are you saying that Saturn opposition Sun may be restricting my body weight?

By the way, here´s my aunt´s natal chart if it´s helpful. My aunt also struggled to gain weight; she even ate lard to try to gain weight. My cousin said my aunt remained slim even after pregnancy and only started gaining weight more easily after menopause.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 21, 2021 at 21:48
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Jaided
Hmmm, ok. :2:
June 21, 2021 at 21:45
(Capricorn) Jaided » Iceblu333
I got curious about the correlation between Jupiter on the ascendant and weight gain. So I looked back, and it looks like the first time Jupiter hit my ascendant is likely the time I developed a thyroid issue and lost my metabolic powers. Then it hit my ascendant again when I was pregnant with my first child and gained 60 pounds :4: I lost it so easily though.
June 21, 2021 at 21:43
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Now THIS is an interesting question.

I tend to look at these things psychologically. I look for conflicts in the chart. In your case, SN is conjunct Saturn in Aries, 8th, and NN is conjunct Sun in Libra, 2nd. So, my guess is that this is part of it. This is a Self-Other issue. You are probably fiercely independent, while also, focused on improving relationships. I bet Aries-SN is stronger - but - maybe not. Sun is your chart ruler with the Leo rising. But regardless, there is stress there.

Chiron in Libra in the 3rd also shows stress in the relationship department. Libra is about an energy exchange. Aries doesn´t do energy exchange very well - it wants to follow its own inner impulses. With libra, you extend out to others, feel their energy, and then assimilate what you want and like for yourself. It´s a way to build a new identity. This mirrors or is like, eating food and assimilating it into yourself - nnourishment. Libra and Sag are the two signs that do this process.

Libra rules the stomach and Virgo rules the intestines. Mercury is in Virgo.

Venus on your asc is drawing people to you - but Mars in the 12th is about letting go. You can draw people to you, but do you do the Libra energy exchange and do you let go of what you want to change and assimilate the new?

the 2nd house is all about your self-value and self-concept. Mercury is there thinking about that. Are you self-critical with Virgo being there? Does it stop the Libra energy exchange?

Saturn is the really strong adversary here. It limits, it is highly focused on Aries independence. It could make it very difficult for you to properly do your Libra, even if your Sun is there.

Do you see a correlation between these two - assimilating food and assimilating new qualities from others?

Another thought - anorexia is an "anger" issue. I´m not saying you have anorexia, but if you have some unconscious anger - from your past life in Aries - this may be why you can´t gain weight. Your Mars in 12th is trying to help you release it.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
June 21, 2021 at 21:32
(Taurus) s81 » Castlewallsxo
I recommend you to place Jupiter in that house! :117:
June 21, 2021 at 18:36
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » s81
"Also the house of earnings. Seems that is the house of weight gain too."

I hope we won´t struggle to earn money too :o
June 21, 2021 at 18:35
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Castlewallsxo
Hell, I´d try to be a damn instagram model or something...

Model someone´s clothes... make money...

Shit...
June 21, 2021 at 18:33
Sorry, not vegan. I confuse vegetarian with vegan.

She simply doesn´t eat meat.... everything else she eats...

If she has to eat meat, she will eat fish...

That´s all...

She eats eggs and ect... I think... she just has a thing about animal cruelty ir something...

I dont know...

Regardless, my point is that one day your metabolism will slow down... enjoy being skinny while it lasts...

I would enjoy not being able to get fat...

Imagine being a fat-ass tub of lard that can´t get off the sofa to save thier lives... in case of a fire...

As long as you feel healthy and not tired all the time and your bones aren´t cracking when you are walking...

I would worry about other things...
June 21, 2021 at 18:28
(Taurus) s81
Mmm the 2nd house is analog to Taurus that has to do with the body itself (just like it has to do with the earth itself). It´s the house of matter.
Also the house of earnings. Seems that is the house of weight gain too.

I, like you, have 2nd house in Virgo (productivity, optimized resources consumption, etc) and expands to Libra (air sign, low weight). I can eat all the day and almost not gain weight hah. To gain muscle I have to work out almost every day, and it is hard to mantain if I stop my routine too much weeks. Weight gainers, creatine, and stuff like that is just a loss of time and money for me, it´s much better to do my military routine of exercises and eat like a beast (only God knows how much calories) high protein diet hehe, that works much better. :36:
June 21, 2021 at 18:26
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Iceblu333
Imagine being a vegan and wondering why you can´t gain weight

Anyway there´s a difference between being on the slim side of healthy & being underweight (like me)
June 21, 2021 at 18:19
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
Dammit... the picture won´t load.... grrrr

Link to picture;

https://www.google.com/search/…
June 21, 2021 at 18:15
Yes, she had a baby. But she gained the weight way before she got pregnant.
June 21, 2021 at 18:14
All I´m saying is enjoy it while it lasts...

I have a vegan friend who is skinny and complains about not gaining weight... and cannot gain weight...

I told her she´s crazy for trying to gain weight... she´s already perfect as is...

And she refuses to dress around her nice body... to show her figure

I´m like look... when you get older you´re gonna regret not taking advantage of her looks and ect...

She dresses down because she doesn´t want men looking at her... sexually.

I said well one day you might be HUGE as a pig and want to be attractive and find a nice guy but can´t... because you lost your looks...

Use it before you lose it.... but she always says noooo...

But she also refuses to go shopping with me because I´m Brutally honest...
June 21, 2021 at 18:11
I wonder how much she exercised and dieted to have that body. Meanwhile I sit on my ass and even if I eat 2,000-2,500 calories I can´t reach a healthy weight.

Also, about her weight gain. Didn´t she have a baby?
June 21, 2021 at 18:06
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
She came from this and went to the previous Picture....

That´s what Jupiter can do when it hits your ascendant...

Edit;
Well Shit... imgbb website is moving too slow... so I guess I´ll just post a video instead.

https://youtu.be/LDZX4ooRsWs
YouTube
YouTube
June 21, 2021 at 18:06
I don´t think my situation is comparable to the average person´s because yes, the average person sheds weight more easily when younger than when older, but they (especially women) still usually have to TRY to lose weight, meanwhile I have to try to GAIN weight. The vast majority of young people have dieted, for example - I haven´t (unless you count "deliberately eating way too many calories to try to become a normal weight, but failing" as a diet).

My cousin told me my aunt also had this issue and she had to eat lard to try to gain weight, and that she started gaining weight more easily when she hit menopause (50+).
June 21, 2021 at 17:25
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Nicki Minaj had an unbelievable attractive body...

She still does... but when Jupiter hit her ascendant... she ended up gaining weight uncontrollably...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 21, 2021 at 17:15
(Taurus) Iceblu333
You are only 24 years old...

Wait until you get around 30... and Jupiter hits your ascendant... and your metabolism slows down... and you become less active...

You´ll be wishing to have your Skinny body back...

Enjoy it while it lasts....
June 21, 2021 at 16:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Straight.to.the.midheaven, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, I believe Uranus in 6th house make faster digestion.
June 21, 2021 at 16:17
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
I can only say Taurus on the As makes one love good food and have a tendency to gain weight :4:.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »