ASHTAMA SHANI

June 18, 2021 at 08:33 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) astreo
ASHTAMA SHANI
When Saturn transit to the 8th house from the Natal Moon Sign or Rashi , it is known as Ashtama Shani. During this time Saturn and Moon will be in (6/8) Shashta ashtaka position.

Kantaka Shani means Saturn behaving like a thorn in the leg and the person has to limp in all activities of life. Profession/Career is hampered and finances dwindle. The transit of Saturn in the 4th, 7th and 10th signs either from Lagna, Arudha Lagna or the Moon sign cause Kantaka Sani to operate.

ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH THIS AND TELL THEIR EXPERIENCE? :78:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 28, 2021 at 20:55
(Capricorn) Datta108 » (dragonfly)
You´re very welcome!🙏
June 28, 2021 at 20:45
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Datta108
It seems that in my environment at least I am on the right track. I´ve avoided alcohol and meat practically all my life. Gambling doesn´t interest me at all...just that red colour that spoils everything :-)

Thank you again.
June 28, 2021 at 10:22
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » astreo
Sometimes it is easier and safer to be a rank worker instead of taking responsibility for everything and everyone. He was misled and did not realise the situation.
June 28, 2021 at 03:28
(Virgo) astreo » (dragonfly)
What a difficult situation :22:
June 28, 2021 at 00:01
Yes,my teacher would almost always suggest fasting as probably the number one thing to do as an Upaya,also avoiding alcohol, meat eating,gambling too.
Yes the entire western world is based on Saturdays and sundays being the weekend after workin all week,but on Saturn´s day it´s best to be circumspect about one´s actions🙏
June 27, 2021 at 22:43
(Virgo) rohini moon
Saturn 6th and 7th from my Moon was.... the worst.

6th from my moon was my Saturn return.. in the 12th house...immediately after that, he transited my ascendant over natal mars and ketu... 7th from the moon. A bit more of an explanation as to why those were very bad. 6th and 7th from my moon just happened to be in my 12th and first house.
June 27, 2021 at 19:51
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Datta108
Many thanks, Datta. This guy has a big heart for animals and often feeds strays cats.

Very often in your posts you mention fasting on Saturdays. This is a bit difficult, usually on weekends people finally have time to meet friends or go out to a restaurant. In our house, for example, it is the worst time for fasting :-(
June 27, 2021 at 19:22
(Virgo) astreo » Datta108
Before I did not take astrology seriously, my emotional crisis made me look for spiritual answers as a way of understanding things, everything is impressive, it helped me to know myself more. He left me a great lesson, I learned that I really do not know how to lead my life in many aspects. I hope to give myself the time to get to know more every day, unfortunately my career consumes me a lot and does not allow me to have as much time to read and advance as much as I would like, but time to time haha.
June 27, 2021 at 19:15
Namaste, as my spiritual teacher said to me many times,"when Ashtama Sani or ashtama Guru arrives you will be blamed for no fault of your own"...
Its not even necessary to know what houses etc., have him fast on Saturdays til sunset, feed animals and if things are really bad,have a Homa done for him on a Saturday fir Saturn in a temple 🙏
June 27, 2021 at 19:02
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
Someone I know has been going through the transit of Saturn in the 8th house from his Moon´s position. Unfortunately I do not know his birth time, so no idea which house exactly Saturn is transiting. This person is a few years before his retirement age. He made a mistake at work some time ago, and although no one died as a result, the consequence of this mistake is a financial penalty running into millions.

I am horrified by what you all are writing about ashtama shani, because he is in danger of losing all the property he has worked for all his life. Homelessness in this context does not sound so unlikely. So far, he has appealed against the sentence. However, I fear that in the best case scenario, he will have to work until his death to pay himself out.

If this happens, it will be terrible. This man has had a very good reputation all his life. One mistake should not destroy his chances of a peaceful old age and retirement.

I would add that these can also be read out of the Western system. The problems started around the same time when Pluto made a conjunction with his natal Saturn in Capricorn.
June 27, 2021 at 18:49
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Saturns currently in my 9th from moon... things have gotten better but I´m paranoid as heck of anything else happening...

I won´t even pet a dog for fear that it may get hit by a car...

It´s kinda crazy...
June 27, 2021 at 15:01
(Capricorn) Datta108 » astreo
Actually now that I think about it,i also had Saturn and Jupiter in the 8th from my moon too during Rahu dasa and venus bhukti, this is when I met my spiritual teacher for the first time and he told me that I´m in the worst period of my life! When I asked how long I had to go to finish the period he said "4 and a half years",I broke down weeping because I didn´t think things could get worse but they did!
That´s when I really started to learn vedic astrology because I felt if I didn´t I would get crushed by life,so I did every remedy he suggested and in the process transformed my life by tryin to live like a yogi.
When Saturn left my 8th i asked him if things would get better and he said when Saturn turns retrograde in my 9th ,Saturn will be symbolically moving back into my 8th and indeed that´s when my legal problems started, over 2 years of court cases,lawyers, threat of incarceration, thousands of dollars in legal and attorney fees etc..
I did come out of the legal problems during Saturn in the 10th from moon but Jupiter in my 11th from moon which helped me come out on top and win finally.🙏
June 27, 2021 at 11:39
(Virgo) astreo
I had Ashtama Shani and Ashtama Guru.

1. 4 of my uncles died, suddenly and, my grandmother, since my "Ashtama Shani" period began.

2. I had a lot of problems with my 2 parents, they fought a lot.

3. I had legal problems with the alimony that my father gave me, I almost lost it, luckily I continue studying and, until I finish my degree and I am verifying that I study I will have it.

4. My dad kicked me out of his house.

5. My school has been getting VERY HEAVY and demanding.

6. My emotional and psychological block did not help me much.

7. My mother went into an emotional crisis, she almost died when she got COVID. She told me crying, What are you going to do if I die? You haven´t finished the degree yet, and if I die you have NOTHING.

8. An aunt began to gossip and speak ill of me in my family (although this did not harm me because I am very loved by my family).

9. Economic crisis, I have never had a period of such poverty, although with the rest period you mention, I was able to fix my pension and this ended.

10. I don´t know how much it has to do with my health, but a deep fear arose in me, I went to the hospital and did many studies, I became a little hypochondriac, it felt horrible, until I saw the results in person, calmed down. Now I really say that while there is health, the rest is superfluous.

Everything was super dramatic, I saw the gray life HAHA.
June 27, 2021 at 06:02
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Datta108
Same...

It was the culmination of all my literal fears manifested into life...

Multiple dogs died...

Friends died...

Lost multiple jobs...

Everything was scarce... from money to love...

I drunk called my friend one time during an "intense" bought (fighting for a job) and was like are we living in hell and just not know it...

She was perplexed...

But anything that could go bad... went bad... anything...
June 27, 2021 at 05:49
(Capricorn) Datta108 » astreo
Namaste, Ashtama Sani was absolutely grueling when I went thru it in the late 90s,transformation is a diplomatic way of saying I was completely shellacked by it,and indeed I did lose my father during it,lost my job and went bankrupt and was near homeless during its 2 and a half year transit.
But it´s also the time I met my spiritual teacher and also gave up drugs and alchohol and seriously started a strict spiritual discipline that I´m still following over two decades later.
If a tough Dasa/bhukti is running during it,especially Saturn, Rahu or Ketu dasa AND Jupiter is also transiting an inauspicious house like the 3rd,6th,8th,10,or 12fl from the moon than only God´s grace can rescue you from some possibly severe karmic reactions,I only survived because of my teachers spiritual knowledge and remedies.
I just remembered my dog died too during it,and if I look back at that time thoroughly the one word that can describe the phase is "Intense "...🙏
June 18, 2021 at 08:59
(Virgo) astreo
As 8th is the wealth created through partnership or business, During the period of Ashtama Shani it will create problem regarding finance or possession you have with others. It will create conflict with others. At the time of need others help will not be available. So at this period do not count on any one else.You will not get any financial help from any one. It may create some kind of sudden health problem to you specially piles related problem. From 8th house saturn will aspect the second house of eating habit. So during the period of Ashtama shani you may take inappropriate Food which will cause health problem. Death of some close relative may happen. This phase of life will teach you how to deal with other people. You will also come to know actual worth of your own finance relative’s partners, people around you etc.

During the Ashtama Shani period you may face criticism for your action and troubles from your relatives. There may be unwanted wasteful expenditure which may create conflict within the family. You may have to face separation from your loved ones also. In general Saturn is not good for Marital Happiness in 8th house. You should read the effect of Natal Saturn in 8th Sign of your birth chart to understand this transit effect better.

This transit of Ashtama shani can hold the person in one place and he or she feels restricted. It creates frustration also as it creates restriction in career and finance due to its aspect on 10th house and 2nd house. You can feel obstruction and impediment in every sphere of life.

This period will bring humiliation to the native.There is a proverb that people who were very happy for many years will suffer during the ashtama shani. For example one may be committing a crime for many years but he will be caught and punished when the Saturn goes to 8th house from moon.

But we have to understand that 8th house is the house of transformation. This is the house of sudden gain. If the Saturn is favourable in Natal chart and also if the Rashi Lord i.e. the owner of the moon sign is favourable, the ashtama shani can give rise in career too. Yes of course you may have to work very hard and face work stress but you will also reap the benefit of your hard work.

Actually this is the period of Transformation. This period will transform you completely as a person. Ashtama Shani may prove to be fatal especially when the dasha is adverse. It will not be very much harmful if the ongoing Dasha is good and Saturn is benefic planet for the native.When Saturn inflicts some losses, separation from relations, etc these are blessing in disguise which one must accept gladly. It is like churning of the ocean, lot of poison will come up initially but Amrita or nectar will also come at the end.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »