Colors

June 11, 2021 at 19:26 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Colors
So delving down the Astro rabbit hole I came across a site that talked about the relationship of colors to the Zodiac.

I´m aware there´s a deeper meaning to colors, numbers, words etc. All those big things you´re taught wrong when you´re too young to question.

I´m curious if anyone has looked into it further. I believe its a large part of the vedic system but havent heard it related to the western so much.

What surprised me is how accurate the article was. Not so much on the Aries (my Sun) but Aquarius (My ASC). After reading the article I realised most of my clothes, shirts etc are blue or turquoise. I don´t know why, I never preferred that color (or so I thought) just what looked good on me at the time. Also black. That I believe to be the Saturn rulership of Aqua.

Here´s the link: https://www.color-meanings.com/zodi…

Just curious if this is apt for you? Were you aware of the colors and how they affect us? Do you use colors with the transits etc? Do you resonate with your colors?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
June 17, 2021 at 22:00
(Capricorn) Datta108 » LotusStar
Yes I agree,Even though Jupiter is the "greatest benefic" he can,during his Dasa/bhukti/antardasa, mangle someone if he is a functional malefic for that person,usually Libra or Taurus Rising.
My Jupiter dasa was the absolute best despite what some vedic astrologers said for Aquarius lagna but one thing I´ll always remember is when my spiritual teacher warned me not to wear yellow colors or gemstones (topaz,yellow sapphire) during Jupiters transit from the 8th from my moon,he was absolutely adamant I not do so,maybe keep that in mind when it occurs for you🙏☀️
June 17, 2021 at 21:50
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
I am surprised you wear any clothes at all :2:
June 17, 2021 at 21:07
(Virgo) LotusStar » Datta108
Good point, thanks :) Also Venus conjunct Ketu... Probably not the best to overdo then.

I´m in Jupiter mahadasha now and I got tempted sometimes to wear more yellow or gold. But I could still never feel too comfortable somehow and end up not wearing it much. Jupiter rules my 6th house with rahu there. And this is why my Jupiter mahadasha has not been a bed of roses either as I read it´s supposed to be time of ease .... Not really, it just amplified the 6h and 3rd houses energies, stressful actually.
June 17, 2021 at 20:37
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
Ahhh maybe all that Mars disturbs Pitta for you...Yes Ketu in the ascendant is "otherworldly" and gives divine insight and intuition also Jupiter in Sagittarius or Cancer or Pisces too among others....
June 17, 2021 at 20:23
(Virgo) rohini moon » Datta108
Speaking of intuition...I honestly believe all of mine comes from ketu sitting on my ASC. I wholeheartedly believe that´s the only reason I have always thought so much differently than everyone else.
June 17, 2021 at 20:20
I think this already came up in a previous conversation, but no, I was born INTO my mars dasha, so from 0-8 years was my mars time... I suffered terrible migraines during those years, and headaches persisited my whole life until I was in my late 20s.

Other than that my earliest memory is successfully climbing out of my crib at 2 years old, had to be all that Martian energy :15: :75:
June 17, 2021 at 20:10
Yes Red for Mars can bring in too much martial energy for you since he´s your Lagna lord And sitting in the ascendant, wonder if you had accidents or injuries during Mars Dasa/bhukti/antardasa´s or on Tuesdays or on the 9/18,27th of a month??
Black for Scorpio lagna is almost unthinkable even though you have exalted Saturn (but in a dustana)
Yellow is the color of your Swakshetra Jupiter, it´s your divine grace giver,wear it plus use it in bedding, curtains, etc..Also if possible wear a Yellow sapphire or Topaz or Pukraj at least 3 carats on a necklace if you can actually locate one that is authentic and reasonably priced 🙏☀️
June 17, 2021 at 19:59
"Your ability to understand this intuitively is a blessing (probably from Exalted Saturn or stong Jupiter )🙏"

Hey thanks.. yeah, I usually opt to stay away from black and red. Red, being Mars, who is my chart ruier, Sitting in my ASC. learned long ago.. it actually doesn´t help me. The opposite. Also, I have to stay away from sapphire. Saturns color, as well.

I put two and two together on that along time ago
June 17, 2021 at 19:52
(Capricorn) Datta108 » LotusStar
You´re welcome! You´re already avoiding the colors (and gemstones hopefully) of the lords of the 6th house of disease, debts,etc..and the 12fl house of losses.White is Venus´s color but venus is also the ruler of the 8th house for Libra lagna so possibly mixed results it could bring you if worn alot especially on Fridays🙏
June 17, 2021 at 19:40
Namaste yes that´s very possible, but also the reverse can be true too,a person wearing inauspicious colors during a very difficult Dasa/bhukti.I remember my teacher saying something along the lines of that, a person will wear the colors or gems of the graha causing them harm during a particular Dasa/bhukti that increase the strength of that planet.Your ability to understand this intuitively is a blessing (probably from Exalted Saturn or stong Jupiter )🙏
June 16, 2021 at 13:21
(Pisces) fishscales » LotusStar
Red is an interesting one for me...

I almost never wear bright reds, though I really like maroons and burgundies...

Maybe Mars in Taurus...Taurus grounding out the Mars energies a bit?

Different for cookware though...I don´t have much colored cookware, but if I have to pick a color, red is the color of choice.

I suppose it has to do with the whole "red increases the appetite" thing, which I believe...

Also like red tools/lawn equipment :4:
June 16, 2021 at 13:15
(Virgo) LotusStar » fishscales
Yeah.. mood affects it for sure. I find I need to be careful with red, only wear it when I´m in a good mood then it just keeps me energized... otherwise it can make me too edgy. :13:
June 16, 2021 at 13:05
(Pisces) fishscales
I´ve noticed that the color of clothing I tend to reach for on a particular day is chosen to balance out my mood...

If I´m in a heavier, more low energy mood, I can´t stand wearing black... White or light blue is what I would reach for...

Feeling lighter and full of energy...black is fine...
June 16, 2021 at 12:39
(Virgo) LotusStar » Datta108
In Vedic my ascendant is in Libra (Swati) and the colors I probably wear most are grey, white and black. Just found they are the colors of my nakshatra lords, Rahu and Venus.

I also like shades of red, from bright red to dark burgundy, of my tropical rising and lunar nakshatra lord.

The colors I wear least or like are the earth tones, browns and greens... I feel too ´blah´ wearing them, kind of dull, and also avoid yellow because it washes me out. Jupiter is yellow and Mercury is Green and they rule by 6th and 12th... I seem to be naturally avoiding these!! Now I see I had a good reason why. :1: Thanks for the explanation.
June 14, 2021 at 01:56
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » s81
Interesting. Thank you.
June 14, 2021 at 00:43
(Virgo) rohini moon
Personally for me it´s changed throughout periods of my life...

In my preteens to teen years, I preferred dark colors. Usually black..I was also going through my Rahu Dasha during this time. Rahu´s color are dark, gray, black.

Then in my 20s to 30s - now - I started opting for light colors. Whites and pinks. Now for the last few years, it´s been Gold. 2 years ago I was in this phase where all I wanted to buy was gold clothing, or as close to it as possible, some shades of rusted yellow can pass for Gold. I am also in my Jupiter Dasha started it around 24? Something like that. Jupiter is Gold/yellow.

The colors one is attracted to I attribute to their Dasha period they may be running.
June 14, 2021 at 00:27
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Either dark....or bright. There´s no in between... (as far as favorites)

Normal day i wear a pretty conservative, somewhat tattered but comfortable outfit

Usually plaid or pinstripe

Favorite colors, probably dark red and black, but i like a lot of colors really
June 14, 2021 at 00:11
(Taurus) s81 » JayJayAstrology
Yes, there is some literature from John Frawley cited in other post that resumes some knowledge, but there is much more one can infer from practice. It works, but you should articulate the event chart with all the other relevant charts (players/teams/federations/etc) and their transits, progressions, revolutions, etc. As usual, it is pretty pretty complex to get the full picture.
June 13, 2021 at 12:17
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » viv
Interesting experience with your class. I love this - "colors to express, colors to balance, colors to protect".
June 13, 2021 at 12:15
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » (dragonfly)
Yes, I did understand what you meant and was only adding my own experience in agreement.
June 13, 2021 at 10:08
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » JayJayAstrology
"I look and feel terrible in red (Aries Sun), as my skin has a reddish tone - and it´s just way too much. I look and feel better in blues and greys. I also don´t look good in greens unless there is blue in it too, as is suggested with Virgo (my rising)."

That is exactly what I meant. If you look bad in something and feel bad in it, no astrological rules will help ;-)
June 13, 2021 at 09:11
(Aquarius) viv
I’m an art therapist Part of my original training was to learn emotional objectivity regarding colour. We had to paint only in one colour for a week (3hrs a day) and then the next colour in the spectrum. I can tell you a whole group painting only yellow is very different from a whole group painting only blue!
I do have personal favourites but this experience made me less reactive and more open to breathing in and loving every colour, to the point when I later had a client who painted only black for maybe 8 x two hour sessions on a large canvas I could just sit with it. Eventually a greyish area emerged and then figures...
So with due respect to the Vedic traditions I prefer not to rely on any planetary correspondences but to go with what I am feeling at the time, colours to express, colours to balance, colours to protect.
Best Viv
June 13, 2021 at 01:12
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » s81
You mean like a horary chart? Or event chart? And is this a theory that you have not personally tested, or have you actually seen it work a number of times? It is interesting, I just like to know if it actually bears out in experience.
June 13, 2021 at 00:17
(Taurus) s81 » JayJayAstrology
In a match (of sports or whatever), the opposing teams/players are represented by the Ascendant and the Descendant, which fall in signs which are ruled by planets which relate to a certain palette of colours. The colours help you to identify which team/player is ruled by which planet/sign. Depending on how the Ascendant and the Descendant sign rulers are in terms of cosmic state, you can infer how they will perform in the match. Sometimes you can infer the most possible result in terms of who is going to win, sometimes is not that clear.
June 12, 2021 at 23:45
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Ha! Yes, I´ve heard of it, but I have never applied colors to readings. It´s odd, because I use color interpretations in dreams and find them exceedingly accurate - scary accurate - but I´m not sure exactly how I would personally apply colors to natal chart readings.

I look and feel terrible in red (Aries Sun), as my skin has a reddish tone - and it´s just way too much. I look and feel better in blues and greys. I also don´t look good in greens unless there is blue in it too, as is suggested with Virgo (my rising). I wear a lot of blue, grey, black and tan colors. I feel the best in blue colors. I suppose it calms all the fire in my chart - Fire Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Pluto. All these fire planets are in water houses - so perhaps that contributes to the attraction to blue.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »