I have started identifying myself as a Gemini when people ask me what my sign is... many disagree but it feels just right, here´s why.

May 27, 2021 at 14:12 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) rspicyb
I have started identifying myself as a Gemini when people ask me what my sign is... many disagree but it feels just right, here´s why.
In tropical astrology. i am technically a Gemini-Cancer cusp as i am born early in the morning of June 22. But my mercury and venus are both in my first house, which is Gemini. I feel like i am very much a Gemini and identify with it better than Cancer. I am also a Gemini sun in Sidereal. Is this a wrong way of thinking and interpreting myself? I just don´t identify with Cancer so much, my defensiveness is probably due to my Mercury Oppose Pluto bc i look for malevolence between the lines, and i am quite a bit sensitive sometimes, i am very sensitive to energies around me, and that off the moon. anyway, fellow astrologers, whats your take on this? if there even is one, as i know astrology is very subjective and personal/

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 28, 2021 at 00:17
(Taurus) Rosincvist » nutelina
Most of us go through a stage of completely rejecting our sun-signs, :174: is in the Cardinal Modality, you are dominant in the mutable modality, so :200: may take decades to accept!
May 27, 2021 at 21:45
(Gemini) AmberMoon
You´re an early Cancer.

And I get that you don´t feel like one because:

- I personally think that generally early as 0 degrees in a sign, you still carry energies from the previous sign, in your case Gemini

- And the ruler of your sign, Moon, is in Aries

So, the stereotype Cancerian traits are revved up by lingering communicativeness, curiosity from previous sign Gemini.

And the link with Aries adds fire to an otherwise watery sign.

But that doesn´t change your sun sign Cancer.

And it doesn´t matter if you don´t come across as it for people, I think.

No one is only their sun sign.
May 27, 2021 at 19:32
(Taurus) nutelina
But your rising says Taurus 24°?
May 27, 2021 at 15:52
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Absolutely - I see why you identify with Gemini. Your chart ruler is in Gemini along with Mercury. That´s a big thing. Often, the ASC is something we are learning and developing and your North Node is in Taurus. So it is very likely that later in life, you will feel more connected with qualities of your Taurus rising - but - you´ll still feel Gemini very strongly. It is your Co-ASC!

You may actually identify some Taurus qualities now - blended with Gemini qualities. For instance, you could enjoy social interactions, but with Venus conjunct Mercury - you will probably be gracious, pleasant and a little bit on the surface in your social interactions. That would be the Taurus-Venus influence. Gemini/Mercury would be lively, communicative, curious and talkative. It´s possible your 7th house/South Node Scorpio would give your interactions more depth - but you could also feel quite attached to people or cautious in your relationships.

Sun in Cancer will definitely make you sensitive to your environment and the people in it. You are 30 minutes of arc into Cancer, so I would consider you a real Cancer. But yes, I would think you´d still feel the Gemini in your Sun sign. Saturn is solidly in Cancer and conjunct Sun - so that emphasizes the Cancer side of your Sun. There´s a big focus on Cancer. But Saturn is earth and Cancer is water - so it could cause you to be less sensitive than if it wasn´t conjunct the Sun. You´d like to work - accomplish things - with Saturn conjunct Sun. 2nd house - you may want to earn a good living - have a secure income - or you might be focused on compassionate work. Cancer needs to feel emotionally secure so that might be the focus.

You have an Aries Moon - so you might be quite assertive and fiery in your interactions. I´d say that the Taurus rising and Venus - helps to tame the fire. Could be actually a nice blend.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 27, 2021 at 14:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Jaided, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m the same, I´m a few hours away from being an Aquarius Sun and have 3 other Aquarius planets so I don´t feel the Cap Sun as much. I still resonate with Capricorn seeing as I have a Cap Mars and outer planets but. Cap SUN doesn´t feel as ´me´ as a Sun placement should.
May 27, 2021 at 14:18
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Lots of people don´t seem to like the sign of Cancer for some reason. You´re not the first to avoid Cancer like it´s, well... cancer. Astrology is ultimately up to personal interpretation, anyway. So if you identify more with the characteristics of other placements in your chart, sure, go for it instead.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »