What aspects/placements influence a person´s interest in media (tv/movies/books)?

May 17, 2021 at 08:05 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
What aspects/placements influence a person´s interest in media (tv/movies/books)?
I decided to look at the signs of creators of the movies/shows I´m obsessed with. I noticed that of the 4, 2 had a Virgo Sun and 2 had a Scorpio Sun (and another had a Scorpio Moon).

I wonder why I´m attracted to media by Scorpios when I don´t have any Scorpio in my chart.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 19, 2021 at 07:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In the whole sign system, it doesn´t matter at the end or at center or anything in between. As long it is within the borders of the sign.

This said, if you go Vedic, they have Nakshatras (the equivalent of Manzils or Moon Mansions) and a single sign can have 2 Nakshatras sometimes, and each Nakshatra is divided further to 4 "padas" - only if you go that deep, Saturn might have different subtle meanings between the center of the sign, end of the sign, etc. Probably this is why they say that Moon is debilitated the most in the first 5 degrees of Scorpio.
May 19, 2021 at 04:17
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Nerdy, hehe maybe. (Gemini though, which I thought relates more to my Venus in gemini and ascendant ruled by the 9th in gem)
I do have some interest in science but it is minimal relatively speaking and somewhere inbetween philosophy-metaphysics and astrology as well as geology and perhaps the natural sciences generally.
However no I´m not a scientific person strictly speaking.

I still don´t know if Saturn makes sense there, also being at the end of the house :25:
May 18, 2021 at 21:02
(Virgo) LotusStar » fishscales
I agree, Venus for likes :)

I realize a lot of my favorite bands and singers are from the Virgo Pluto generation and have prominent Virgo placements either ascendant, Sun, or Moon.. Including Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley for Virgo on the ascendant, Billy Corgan had it too, Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star for Virgo Moon, Trent Reznor with Virgo Mars/Pluto/Uranus and others.

I also like the Taurus and Gemini influenced, they really do have terrific voices a lot of them, like Dave Gahan, Trent Reznor, and Ian Astbury of the Cult. Bono´s also got that Taurus voice. They fall in my 7th and 8th.
May 18, 2021 at 20:56
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » JayJayAstrology
I wondered if the Scorpio was because I´m interested in horror but I looked up the creators of other famous horror films/shows and the frequency of Scorpio wasn´t nearly as prominent as it is among my personal favorites.

And true, it´s not a big sample but it´s representative of the media I become obsessed with.
May 18, 2021 at 18:15
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
You always bring a smile to my face. You know, four samples is not very much to make any conclusions. Virgo is one of the top signs for writers. Scorpio - well - it depends upon the whole chart, doesn´t it? If you like crime or mysteries or horror or disaster movies or black gallows humor, or psychological thrillers - then it´d be highly probable that the writer has some well-placed Scorpio. I love crime and mystery stories - so I have no doubt that the creators might have some Scorpio.

Anyway, I also have no planets in Scorpio, but it doesn´t mean I´m not attracted to Scorpio energy. I´ve got a Pluto and Mars too! I´ve got planets in the 8th. There are so many ways to look at it! Astrology is too complex for simple linear correlations.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 18, 2021 at 13:53
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
They say Aquarius is about the people, revolution, science - and other categories. Having this sign as a 5th house, I might relate it more with "the skill of dealing with people/children" or maybe "scientific skills" - and let´s not forget also that 5th house is about romance. Do you think you are attracted more to people who have some revolutionary characters? or maybe people who seem to be of the "nerdy" type? Not sure, just my guesses to link between romance and such topics of Aquarius.

In all this mess, put Saturn there. Saturn is a slow planet, puts on restrictions and limitations, and typically they say it shows the "karma" or areas where a person must challenge in this life.
Maybe all that makes sense.
May 18, 2021 at 13:35
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
I do something like meditating yes. Although overall I think I take the approach of dealing with issues by realising them/for what they are and working out how to improve the way I think about things.

I actually think I´m coming closer to advancement in the way I think. (9th house and 12th house matters have both held me back and helped me here)
As for my Saturn placement.., it confuses me being at the end of my 5th house and I can´t see clearly how it effects me here also being in Aquarius makes me wonder how it fits with the Aquarian theme of my 5th

Oh yea that happens all the time here hehe
May 18, 2021 at 12:51
=====
I think it would be good for you to start meditating (honestly I don´t do that myself but well, it´s an advice that MANY astrologers suggest). At least 5 minutes a day, in the beginning. And yes, you can overcome these issues. As some astrologers I follow put it: Astrology is not a stamp on your forehead. It´s just the beginning.

Typically, they say where Saturn is in the chart, this is the house or the place where the "center of mass" of the chart lie. This is where the individual will have to confront, face and develop.
Your saturn is in the 5th house, and in its own sign (saturn rules 2 signs, :180: and :181:). So, this is somewhat good I guess but in need for further development maybe. 5th house is the house of children/adventure/romance/skills - see if you can relate to any of these topics and try to develop that to get to the next "you"

By the way, did you notice that we are using a thread supposedly for another question? lol
I guess it would be better to reply back as a private message, if you´d like to :)
May 18, 2021 at 12:23
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Also it is Very interesting what you say about my north node being trine my sun in the 11th as I haven´t paid much attention to this aspect..
And again cannot currently think what effect it may end up having.

Yes I do have anxiety issues! :4: :42: although much of this is due to continued unresolved/past issues + current proximity to people who have previously exerted negative influences.. I mean there are some larger heavy issues(9th-12th house related) but I almost think that if I foster certain habits (spiritually etc) that those can be overcome.
May 18, 2021 at 12:11
=====
Yes. The lord of your second house (family assets), Mars, is in the 12th house (distance). I guess this signifies distance from family. Reputation and career house (10th) is cancer and its lord if Moon is also in the 12th house. Again, distance.
Mars comes before Moon in this conjunction, so it spreads its influence over the Moon. I guess your mind is restless? Always running? hmm Anxiety issues?

Even though I don´t usually focus on them, but Neptune and Uranus are both in your 4th house, the house of home/home land. These 2 don´t have quite the reputation of doing much stabilization.
May 18, 2021 at 11:57
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Thanks for this assessment, a lot of it seems to make some sense. I have studied (partially in "the arts"), though it wasn´t really for me in the end as it came to no effect. Regardless I would consider picking up some kind of study in the future outside of my career perhaps.
I wonder still what more lasting impact the 3rd-9th houses will have on my career-life (to combine communication with philosophy/higher learning) maybe i am not at thst point yet.
Also travelling long distances is what I have done. (Although again I wonder for what point..)

Although I would have to say that I do not have many siblings or a father that I have received any strong influence from. Unfortunately my family is very small and not close.

Additionally you may have noticed that my 12th house is quite strong which I think may exert a large influence on all I do... (and perhaps the tenth as well, though this also is currently unclear in its direction)
May 18, 2021 at 09:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Castlewallsxo
=====
Well, horror specifically as a genre, I´m not sure how to get that from the chart (if it is possible). I guess it needs someone with a higher degree of learning.

Scorpio (your 4th house) is usually the sign the associated with secrets, dark side stuff, and sensitivity (people with Sun or Moon there can be quite the antennas). Scorpio´s lord, Mars, is in your first house (of self), so probably this is probably the sign of such interests.

Notice also that Mars is also the lord of Aries, and Aries is your 9th house (and Ketu :162: is there). Not sure what to make out of it exactly, but Ketu is typically said to be a "disconnect" or "passive" elements, and in fact some astrologers consider it a co-lord with Mars for Scorpio. In some situations, Ketu can yield quite a spiritual person (under specific circumstances) and in other times it can note tendency to addictions or disconnection from aspects of the house. 9th house is the house of learning, higher studies, philosophy, and long travels. However, I can´t quite make-up my mind about Ketu being there while Mars is in Leo in the 1st house, unfortunately.
May 18, 2021 at 09:07
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
P.S. I would also like to thank everyone else here who has shared valuable insights 💕
May 18, 2021 at 09:00
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Seanfhear
I was wondering how you can see in my chart that I am interested in horror?

And yeah, it´s interesting. I am in a discord of Carrie fans & I analyzed the charts of 11 people there. Most of us are Libra Suns or Moons; the rest (except one) are Scorpios. Most of us also have night charts.

There was a Reddit thread where somebody asked about Venus signs & favorite TV shows. 4 said their favorite show was American Horror Story - all but one had a Leo Venus. I also have a Leo Venus.
May 18, 2021 at 08:13
=====
Yes. I would say you are attracted to these authors because you are attracted to the genre itself as I see in your chart. It is the mindset that brings you to them (however their chart is).

Virgo as an energy is typically analytical. Its lord is Mercury, and your Mercury is there so, yeah, it is in its own house - feeling cozy and comfortable. Mercury is about logical thinking as well as writing and speech and being in Virgo, the critical and logical thinking is prominent; I think quite essential for writing such stories.
I noticed myself that people with Virgo sun are quite critical and often with quirks that people around them think it´s just weird stuff. They have eyes for details and often tendency for perfectionism. This is because sun is the self and the ego, in a sign that is all about analyses.

Now, you say you like media with sense of Justice. Well, your third house, which is about writing and communication, is placed in Libra. And I guess you know Libra is all about justice and diplomacy. The problem here is that Libra is the debilitation sign for the sun, the lord of your ascendant or first house. Moreover, it is conjuct Rahu :161:. Rahu magnifies and sometimes confuses. Sun is the ego and self-worth. So, the sun, the lord of the ascendant, being debilitated and conjunct Rahu here... you might not have a clear image about yourself at times.
May 18, 2021 at 07:13
"you are attracted to people with some remarks in Scorpio"

Not attracted to the people (I am mostly sexually attracted to Leos), but their media. Specifically I was thinking of Stephen King (Virgo Sun), Kimberly Peirce (Virgo Sun, Scorpio Moon), Ryan Murphy (Scorpio Sun), Roberto Aguirre Sacasa (Scorpio Sun), and Brian de Palma (Virgo Sun). They are the writers/creators/directors of the media I am obsessed with (Carrie, American Horror Story, and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina).

I noticed a common theme in the media I become obsessed with is a girl who goes through hell and then finds her own power. I also like media with a sense of justice.

I figured maybe the reason the aforementioned creators have such prominent Scorpio is that I am interested in horror, but I looked up the creators of other popular horror media & the Scorpio wasn´t nearly as prominent.

I also find the prominent Virgo energy to be interesting. Anybody have any ideas on why that would be? I do have a Virgo Mercury...

You´re right about the writing skills. I am a writer.
May 18, 2021 at 05:40
=====
Not sure really. In your original question you said you are attracted to people with some remarks in Scorpio, but astrology seldom work that way. It might explain the nature of the people or things you are attracted to - sometimes.

Your scorpio is in the 4th house, the house of home, homeland. This might well signify that you have some sort of secrecy about the home life; like to keep it a secret and private from others and not show it to anyone. Mars, the ruler of Scorpio (classic system) is in the first house of Self, and in Leo. It is said that Mars in Leo can be somewhat agitated or impulsive (Mars control fire and Leo is afire sign, the two are double fire and can get somewhat out of control). Probably you are overly protective of your home? Or maybe the opposite - do you like to dig deeper into other homes? find their secrets? I would imagine a scenario where you are the latter type and being a writer, somewhat a journalistic attitude I´d say.
May 18, 2021 at 04:30
Thanks for pointing out that I do have Scorpio in my chart. Do you think maybe my attraction to Scorpionic media could have to do with my Scorpio IC?
May 17, 2021 at 19:24
=====
Well, though I´m just a learner, but I´ll try to figure this one out.

One of the attributes of the 3rd house is the short distances travel, and I think it also signify basic studies (because 9th house, 6 houses apart, is about higher studies usually). I would probably say your 3rd house is mainly in this area as it is placed in Sagittarius; The sign of traveling as well as studies and wisdom (those with sun in Sagittarius, as I observed personally, usually have the traveling bug).

Anyway, Rahu :161: usually adds confusion and/or magnifies things, and it can be positive or negative. So, to see how it works, we would need to check the lord of the sign it is in. Here, it is Jupiter, and it´s in a good place; Not in dignity but also not debilitated. So, Rahu I guess does have a good influence. If we consider it as a magnifying factor, then it might increase your love for travel (short distances), your inquiring mind, and maybe it adds more siblings in your family than the average (usually this is Jupiter´s work but Jupiter here is sextile your Rahu so I think they are exchanging effects). Let´s say families where you live typically would have 2 children on average, yours might have 3 or more (a guess). Since the 1st house is yourself and Jupiter is there, Jupiter expands things as well, so I´m guessing it gives you some robust build - if the connections in my mind are correct.

1st House lord (venus) is in the 9th house in Gemini. Gemini is the sign of writing, communication, thinking and the 9th house is about higher-self and higher-studies and philosophical aspects of one´s personality. Seems to me this position is adding a diplomatic touch to your personality (and maybe studies in arts? not sure here).

Your 11th house is in Leo, and the sun is just getting in Leo, its own house, and it´s forming a trine with Rahu as well. 11th House is usually the social circle and gains (in some context, older siblings). The sun is your ego as well as a significator of the father. Trying to put this around in my head, probably it signifies gains through the father. The sun being in trine with Rahu in the 3rd house, these gains probably not necessarily materialistic in nature. Maybe you´ve taken more from your father side (OR from someone who played the role of father for you)?

Hope that makes sense - and as I´ve said before, I´m still learning these things so I´m not sure how much accuracy is there in what I´ve just said above!
May 17, 2021 at 16:01
(Leo) Anni23
I would probably say that you should look to the most domiant areas of your chart then to the signs that indicate a link as well. Of course you could be attracted to opposites as well. However it is worth noting that many Scorpios have libra placements. Look also at themes though.
For a example I suppose I must be attracted to 12th house subjects.., and 9th as well as a combination of signs.
May 17, 2021 at 15:28
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Several aspects of what you have said are interesting to me as well as they relate to my chart.
I also have been inclined to use whole signs as it almost seems to make a whole lot more sense that way (hehe sorry for the pun)
In which case my north node would be in my third house and the ruler of my 3rd house (in Sag) would be Jupiter(libra) in the 1st (in libra) which also links my 3rd house to the first. In what ways would this be similar or different in its application?

Also there are other aspects that I can not fully understand how precisely they would convey themselves within my life,.. e.g. my sun would move just slightly over into the 11th but still be on the line between the 10th-11th and I´m not sure how Jupiter in the 1st nor the sun in the 11th should manifest.. :25:
Perhaps I have been reading it too directly to be thinking that if these planets were in fact in these houses (1st and 11th) then I should be entirely more extroverted/socially orientated
May 17, 2021 at 12:49
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Thirteen dg. of the negative mutable signs (:176:/ :182:) is "stage" it overlaps business.
Twenty-three dg. of the positive fixed ( :175:/ :181:) signs is "stage" it overlaps anarchy.
You said movies twice, books only once, "literature" is a larger domain and can only suffer from media-hype!
May 17, 2021 at 11:52
(Pisces) fishscales
Venus has alot of say in what kind of art we are drawn to.

Your Venus is in aspect to Pluto, which may cause you to be drawn to Plutonian types of art/expression.
May 17, 2021 at 10:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Everyone has scorpio in their chart. It can´t disappear from the sky just like that :)

Anyway, it is clear that your ascendant´s sign lord (Sun) is in the 3rd house, in libra. I would say other remarks are needed but this one remark is, I think, a clue that a person is interested in communication/writing (3rd house is house of writing and communication beside other things). Being in the sign of Libra, apparently the 3rd house has to do with arts in some form - typically writing because it is the 3rd house. Not only that, but the lord of Libra (venus) is also in the first house (leo). Meaning here we have an exchange of houses between venus and the sun which is usually a remark for a strong bondage between the two houses. Like one defines the other.

Your Rahu :161: conjuncts the sun so I might as well warn about being obsessive a bit.

Note that I use Whole Sign system (the original classical system for reading, not Placidus).

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »