genius/intelligence in astrology.

May 11, 2021 at 03:56 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user aquasunpimoon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

genius/intelligence in astrology.
hello astro-seek people
I am very fascinated by the fact that how most people are genius and intelligent.Its still a mystery whether its their astrological plancement or individuals hard work.some people are born gifted and its really surprising to know what make them a genius(special).

i am quite curious to know and understand what kind of placement does make a person genius or intelligent.This might be a great topic to discuss on as it can enlighten into new areas of astrology.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 21, 2021 at 16:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » aquasunpimoon
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/… :3:
May 19, 2021 at 05:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Green Garden
System message: Post has been written by user aquasunpimoon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
These are very enlighting details.i have one question!

does intelligence has to do something with people who left handed?
May 13, 2021 at 14:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Some examples with very high IQ

Jacob Barnett
Mercury Taurus Square Uranus

Judit Polgar
Mercury Leo Conjunct Venus Saturn, Trine Neptune, Sextile Pluto, Square Uranus

Evangelos Katsioulis
Mercury Aqu.3rd conjunct Sun, Trine Mars,Trine Pluto,Sextile Neptune, Square Uranus,Opposite Saturn

Sho Yano Mercury Libra conjunct Sun/Venus
Nathan Leopold Mercury Sag.7th Quincux Neptune

Marilyn vos Savant Mercury Leo conjunct Saturn, Sextile Mars, Venus, Neptune, Opposite Moon

Ainan Cawley Mercury Scorp. Square Uranus, Opposite Saturn

Johann Goethe Mercury Sag.10th, Quincux Jupiter,Square Pluto

Michael Kearney Mercury Cap. conjunct Jupiter/Neptune, Sextile Mars,Pluto

Da Vinci
Mercury Aries 4th Opposite Saturn, Trine Pluto

Isaac Newton Mercury Sag. Square Jupiter Saturn

Kim Ung Yong Mercury Aqu. Conjunct Saturn, Opposite Uranus

Nikola Tesla Single Mercury in Gemini

Marie Curie Single Mercury in Sag.

Stephen Hawking Mercury in Sag. Trine Moon, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Square Mars, Opposite Pluto

Srinivasa Ramanuja Mercury Sag. 6th Sextile Uranus

William Shakespeare Mercury Aries Sextile Venus

Terence Tao Mercury Cancer 8th Square Pluto,Trine Moon, Sextile Mars Venus

John Sununu Mercury Leo 11th conjunct Pluto, Opposite Mars, Trine Jupiter, Square Saturn

Garry Kasparow Mercury Taurus 6th Trine Pluto/Uranus, Square Mars

Elon Musk Mercury Cancer conjunct Sun, Square Uranus, Sextile Moon

Conan O´Brien Mercury Taurus 9th Trine Pluto, Square Moon Mars Saturn, Opposite Neptune

Natalie Portman Mercury Cancer conjunct Venus, Square Jupiter/Saturn

Mayim Bialik Mercury Sag. 5th conjunct Sun, Opposite Mars

James Woods Mercury Aries 9th conjunct Mars, Trine Jupiter, Saturn/Pluto, Opposite Neptune

Geena Davis Single Mercury 5th Aqua.

Nolan Gould Mercury Scorp conjunct Chiron, Trine Jupiter

Ashley Rickards Mercury Aries Sextile Saturn, Square Uranus/Neptune

Kara Hayward
Mercury Sag. 12th Square Jupiter

Michael Muhney Mercury Gem. 10th conjunct Sun, Sextile Mars/Jupiter

Hugo Grotius Mercury Aries conjunt Sun, Square Mars/Neptune

John Stuart Mill Mercury Taurus conjunct Mars, Sextile Pluto, Trine Jupiter

Christopher Hirata Mercury Sag. 4th conjunct Sun/Venus/Uranus

Swedenborg Mercury Aqu. Square Mars, Saturn

Voltaire Mercury Sag. Conjunct Mars, Square Uranus,Neptune

Leonhard Euler Mercury Taur. Sextile Venus, Square Uranus, Jupiter/Pluto

Galileo Mercury Pisces conjunct Sun/ Venus/Pluto, Square Mars/Neptune, Uranus

Carl Gauss Mercury Taur. Conjunct Sun, Sextile Jupiter, Square Moon

Copernicus Mercury Pisces Trine Moon/Jupiter, Neptune, Square Saturn
May 13, 2021 at 10:24
(Virgo) LotusStar
Nikola Tesla, definite genius and one of the smartest person may have ever lived. He was lightyears ahead of his time and much of his discoveries were actually stolen and hidden to this day...

His chart features Mercury in Gemini in the 3rd house conjunct Saturn, depth of intellect. Uranus in first house. Mercury square Neptune in the 12th may account for his ideas (Mercury/3rd) being stolen and hidden (Neptune/12)

https://www.astro-seek.com/birth-ch…

My dad is probably the smartest person I know personally and with incredible memory. His Sun in Virgo in 9th house square Uranus in Gemini on the north node. Mercury 29 degrees Leo.
May 13, 2021 at 07:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Just going by aspects, i have seen a Mercury well aspected to Uranus. Mercury in unharmonius aspect to Uranus. Intelligence as well, but the mind may be kinda tormented, restless and all over the place.
Overall, how it really turns out depends on the rest of the chart.
May 13, 2021 at 07:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » astreo
=====
interesting.
May 12, 2021 at 23:35
(Virgo) astreo
I have a colleague at the university who is VERY intelligent, she studied QFB, and now she is studying Medicine, she has a pure 10, she is very fast to assimilate things and she wants to do a specialty in oncology, she is the most skillful person I know, He even speaks four languages and is already on the fifth! I think he can also play various instruments.
This is her letter.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 12, 2021 at 10:05
(Taurus) nutelina » aquasunpimoon
I had a good IQ score but I did bad at school. Maybe if I had gone to Montessori or Waldorf or skipped some classes but who knows. In retrospect I needed to know way more information and go deeper to appreciate math for example.

Even when now when I read how a frisbee works it wasn´t too clear. A lot of subjects like Chemistry and Physics suck IMHO. I´ve seen other models which make much more sense. So I guess my Mercury is really about intuition.
May 12, 2021 at 08:13
(Gemini) AmberMoon » aquasunpimoon
Intelligence will have many faces.

Math is only one of them and taken way out of proportion both in movies like Rainman and in education in general.

If all your scores are good but math is less, the general opinion will be: Yes, you are clever, but...

If your math is very good and all the rest is less, the opinion shifts to: you´re obviously intelligent and probably a bit lazy on the other things.

Which is not true. Not for numerical brains and not for the more alphabetical.

You can´t excel at everything.
If you excel in one or more things then you are good at that.

The rest is speculation, meaning: if the other things are less then it shouldn´t automatically give benefit of doubt to math-oriented intelligence over others.

IQ tests are a bit broader and not only based on math but wider abstract thinking, and also speed of thinking.

So, if you´re slower to get to the same results, you´re less intelligent?

There are flaws, as well: general IQ measuring takes not into account languages: acquisition capabilities (by for instance associations), fluency, and the complexity of sentence structure, creative as well as receptive in cognition.

Neither does it take into account cultural backgrounds that shape perception.

When you interact with someone, for whatever purpose private or professional, and you feel like for your personal standard they have achieved that level of intelligence, that should suffice.

I don´t believe in absolute structural measuring here.
May 12, 2021 at 08:04
(Pisces) BBx2
F. Scott Fitzgerald once said, “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” One of my favorite quotes, however.....

Genius is very subjective depending on the person you are asking, In my opinion. We all have our ideas based on our own perceptions and experiences. I find some super book “smart” people to lack common sense. I’m happy for them that they can compute numbers in their head or build futuristic vehicles but can you understand the mind and how people relate? Can you understand why people are acting in such different ways? I can, because I can’t calculate math for s*it or build a futuristic vehicle because I’d be distracted by shiny metals.

😅I almost deleted this but It 100% makes sense in my noggin. So I’ll keep it.

Awesome question though.

We could talk about age too as being a part of genius.

Ok, I’m done.
May 12, 2021 at 07:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Seanfhear
=====
planet mar is related to machines,electronic devices and other engineering stuffs.basically mar plays a role of an ‘interest’ in the whole story and an important part as well when we measure someone’s intelligence.
May 12, 2021 at 07:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
=====
yes i agree with the mercury placement but it also needs some other placements to be extraordinarily genius.
May 12, 2021 at 07:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » AmberMoon
=====
Well in a way intelligence is very subjective matter when we see it practically.There are lots of variable at play practically like hard work,environment,your ability to undersand and pay attention etc etc.Alot of people out there work hard for a good score and some just work a little and achieve the same.believe it or not but the placement in our charts really makes a person stand out from the crowd in this matter.Also when we see it practically people who are consistent and working hard from long years turn themselves from being average to an intellgent being.I am still confused or you can say not sure what really a intelligence look like or is it just i have seen in some movies where students are good at math.I think people who are good at everything they study are intelligent not just math.
May 12, 2021 at 07:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
=====
for me personally,An intelligent person is who can retain and learn anything quickly and use it in a very productive and an efficient way.For examples like the great scientist,alchemist and doctors.The way they store soo much information and quickly have an answer for whatever things they have learned.There are several placements for the sign of intelligence but it also requires some amount of hardwork for the genius to come up to the top in this competitive world.Intelligence is like a unpolished diamond,it gets better with hardwork.Only people who have good placement like everyone has mentioned are kinda more intelligent or have good IQ scores.
May 11, 2021 at 17:38
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Aquarius of course! :2:

As others said in this thread, no one sign or combination indicates genius.

As the old saying goes “ Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.”

I think that one characteristic of genius is someone who sees the same things we all see but in a different way.

Being an individual thinker and doer and not following the conventional ways.

Hmmm….I wonder if the internet and its reinforcement of the herd mind may lessen the amount of genius in the world.

Of course it also allows a person to have access to an enormous amount of human knowledge and information.

When I was studying the natal charts of talented musicians I could find no patterns that correlated to musical genius.

Our archetype of genius is Einstein. He was brilliant.

I’m more thankful for the hard working people who pick up trash, who work in sewage treatment.
Those who keep electricity and clean water flowing.

There is genius in the day to day efforts of hard working people.
May 11, 2021 at 16:55
(Gemini) AmberMoon
Interesting read.

I followed some of the thought paths here, out of sheer curiosity 🙂

That is:
Mercury-Mars-Uranus-Jupiter

I have Jupiter conjunct an I-think- well-aspected Uranus in my first house in Sagittarius.

However, my H6 Mercury in Taurus -as opposed to my better aspected H7 Mars in Gemini-is receiving quite some blows from squares.

Mars is combusted by H7 sun, and Mercury perhaps too.

How does this unfold:

To my feeling, I had to work very hard for standardised education because effectively there were some difficulties both in some of the content and in personal circumstances.

I like knowledge, just not the format at school. And it was hard to keep focus. I never doubled years, though, I was motivated mainly by the idea that: this is how society is going to measure your intelligence later on.

So, the beginning was hard, the middle a true ordeal and at the end of my education things went better, and the final result was very ok.

I never took this as an absolute measure of my or anyone´s real intelligence.

Because I still don´t agree with how education works (for example, there are some serious issues in how local education sees and deals with migrant children, I find, and how learning disabilities are too quickly dramatised with the goal to "handover" these too-much-work students to special needs/isolated schools. Ok, different story 😶...).

On the other hand it´s also true that you can´t memorise everything and in college this is challenged on many levels.

All this curiously did not match up to many job interviews where I had to do all kinds of knowledge/intelligence tests, ...for some reason they don´t work out for me. 🙂 Leaving HR very conflicted, looking at my college degree on the one hand and their test results on the other. It´s not a small difference, apparently.

And in those situations companies would consistently turn me down based on their own test results.

Following this is a pattern that whoever doés choose for me after an interview seems to experience a big-surprise moment once we get deeper into the projects: "Well, what do you know, she actually cán do it."

🤔 Something like that.

I work in tech. 😃 There´s your Uranus.

The work and the challenges fascinate me. I luvvv to study for this in modern day formats that are flexible, self-paced and (❤️) digital.

As well do I luvvv and make spontaneous efforts for more abstract topics like astrology, which started more with a fascination for astronomy.

It´s true for me that I like abstract thinking, Neptune is also there with Uranus, sitting on my ASC actually.

Both the technical abstractions of how far we can go with professional ideas, as well the informal kind where we can philosophise on whatever may be here or elsewhere.

Or not to philosophise, and actually measure using planetary positions, aspects and associations to embody what is otherwise hidden.

In conclusion and in answer to your question: in my configuration it´s probably a combination of hard work and some planetary pushes in the back.

And from people I get both ends: where they have called and believed me to be unintelligent, as well have people estimated me (sometimes too far) on the other end.

I resonate with none. I genuinely haven´t a clue and this why I comfortably sit in the middle.😉 (thank you Neptune)
May 11, 2021 at 10:21
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
:8: :42: :42:
May 11, 2021 at 09:25
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Albert Einstein had midpoints both conjunct and parallel ` :159:´, the most interesting of which was :153:/ :157: how can a little light and a distant light work so well together! Gauquelin didn´t even bother with :153: in his research because of it´s annoying habit of being close to dawn and dusk!
May 11, 2021 at 08:36
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
There is no one placement or combination of planets, signs or houses that can indicate genius. I do believe that Uranus, Aquarius and Mercury, Gemini with support of other planets is the most prominent genius indicator - but it will not always be so. Astrology is amazingly complex and people respond to the influences differently. Other indicators - in my mind - are Virgo, Aries, Sagittarius and their rulers with support from other planets - but again, it won´t always be the case. Levels of consciousness play a big role.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 11, 2021 at 05:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Further on, no specific placement is especially linked to brilliance but rather our ability to recognize our potentials and to use them all the best way possible.

If you have a prominent Uranus that grant you great abstract thinking, and unsettled Moon that is giving you hard emotions, your Uranus will never reach its full potential since energy from the system will always go for repairing the damaged caused by that unsettled Emotions.

In short, my opinion is that intelligence and genius does not come from specific placements(s) but from harmony that only positively oriented consciousness (consciousness oriented to growth) can provide.
May 11, 2021 at 05:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No single sign there. Also, intelligence can be in various forms. Check for conjunctions of Mercury, Jupiter, Rahu and check the house and sign in which any of those might be conjunct. This said, it is also not limited to conjunction I´d say. Even Mars can be a clue for intelligence since engineering is attributed to it.
It is kind of a story of many characters that work together and not one character doing all the story.
May 11, 2021 at 04:57
(Virgo) rohini moon
Mercury is ones intellect. A well placed mercury, specifically in the first house is said to make one very smart. Especially if exalted.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »