Rectification feature on Astro-Seek

April 15, 2021 at 15:08 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) bspradling11
Rectification feature on Astro-Seek
Hello all! I’m trying to figure out how to use the rectification feature to figure out my birth time. I have a known birth time on my birth certificate, so I know the window of time. I was born with a very early rising signals my mother had to get an emergency cesarean, so I’m sure the time on the clock was not a priority.

I’m putting in important dates like when I got married, when my children were born, etc., but have no idea how to tell if the dates are lining up. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 4, 2022 at 23:24
(Aries) bspradling11
Sorry I’m so late to replying, but thanks for all the info! I actually got my chart rectified by a Vedic astrologer. He was so precise! I’m going to test my time against the rectification module here and let you know if one lines up better than others 👍🏽
December 17, 2021 at 16:59
(Aquarius) atlantickush » Sagit
That would be very kind. Thanks.
December 17, 2021 at 16:31
(Sagittarius) Sagit » atlantickush
Give me some time to find my original mathematics.

I probably will have to do the dates and times all over again.

No big deal. I have the necessary data.

Those two events I spoke of put my Sun closer to the Asc. from the 12th house side.
December 17, 2021 at 16:27
(Sagittarius) Sagit » Seanfhear
Exactly!!

There is good money to be made in doing rectification.

Facial construct is an excellent place to start when there is no birth time.

On my birth certificate I have a birth time but certain events led me to believe the time was incorrect.

In my case, natal Sun is closer to Asc. from the 12th house side than what was doctor specified.
December 17, 2021 at 09:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » atlantickush
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Honestly yes, and from what I´ve read already, other astrologers agree that it is an approximation after all.
Later on, working on my (rectified) chart with other techniques trying to explore its aspects (and following up with some professional photographers and their podcasts) seems the approximation I made is not that bad really.

One professional astrologer talked a bit about how would he rectify (or even find) the birth time, and he mentioned that he sometimes uses the facial construct as a clue to the proper ascendant, if that fails he would then ask about significant dates in the person life and try to fit that into the 12 signs, making each sign as an ascendant and looking at the chart and transits of that day to see if there is any sign. A truly exhaustive process he said, that would take a day or two even.
December 17, 2021 at 07:06
(Aquarius) atlantickush » Sagit
I don´t think I fully took this on board last night, tired!

That´s a really interesting technique. You used the progressed moon hitting your ascendent as a ball park date? Did you count forward one day for each year of age in the ephemeris? Then interpolate from hours to days to get a position?

Did you use Saturn and moon for the same event or two separate events and try to get one ascendent?

Clever clogs stuff
December 17, 2021 at 06:58
(Aquarius) atlantickush » Seanfhear
Yeah I got you. It sounds like its a ´might work might not´ type technique, worth trying.
December 17, 2021 at 04:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » atlantickush
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
yeh well, it sounded a good idea to me then
this said, i didn´t quite read much in depth about this technique but just the "heads up"
the thing is, to pick an event with strong impact on your life (or emotions). So, probably marriages, deaths, accident... maybe those have the needed impact.
December 16, 2021 at 22:21
(Sagittarius) Sagit » atlantickush
Most welcome. ✌
December 16, 2021 at 20:42
(Aquarius) atlantickush
Hey. Enjoyed hearing about those, thanks.

That´s pretty crazy about how you nearly timed the day you started your job with a sun transit :63:

And that saturn and moon stuff was really interesting too Sagit, thanks
December 16, 2021 at 19:51
(Sagittarius) Sagit » Sagit
Also. In further pondering thoughts...

Transiting Saturn and Progressed Moon can be used at IC, DES and MC.

Possibly the events THERE would have a more definition to the house as ASC placement is to the "outlook."
December 16, 2021 at 19:34
(Sagittarius) Sagit
What I have used is Progressed Moon over Asc. and transiting Saturn over Asc.

Find the times these planets have become exactly conjunct your predisposed Asc. by way of an event and then ballpark your way to exactitude.

The event should coincide with the houses ruled by Saturn and Moon.

For me, transiting Saturn heralded a new job as Saturn rules my 2nd. The progressed Moon event heralded a living (home) change - homeless shelter to an apartment. Moon rules my 8th. The living condition change was quite psychological.

A change for the better on both.

12th to 1st transits and progressions are quite stark!!
December 16, 2021 at 18:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
I used it to rectify my own time of birth but I have to say it is kind of an approximation after all and you won´t (can´t) find many important dates in your life that line up perfectly in that table.
Anyway, in my case, I used the Cardan key and I turned off the Latitude option. I tried to rectify to the date of getting my first (and only) job (Aug 3, 2005). I didn´t get that date precisely, but as close as possible (Aug 2). By coincidence then, I realized there are about 2 more dates in the list that did coincide with something in my life, so I would say maybe this is the best approximation I could get. Using other keys (Prolemy or Naibod), I could get to Aug 3, 2005, but the other 2 dates don´t coincide perfectly on the list, thus I figured maybe Cardan is the best in this case.

What to look for. Well, if you are rectifying to marriage date, your main focus is or would be probably the aspects to the ASC. In my case, because I was rectifying to my job, I noticed that there is Sun :192: MC - my own logic was that the sun shines on MC (the career) so I thought OK, maybe I should change the time until I coincide this aspect to Aug 3, 2005. Which I did, but I the closest possible was Aug 2nd. Which is fine I guess. After all, the whole thing is an approximation.
December 16, 2021 at 17:51
(Aquarius) atlantickush
Thanks for the heads up as I am in a similar situation and didn´t know of this feature.

I also would like to know how to use it, I´m stumped by it!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »