Geography ?

April 11, 2021 at 20:33 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Markocappy
Geography ?
Hi guys, I have a question about Geography and its correspondence in astrology. What do you think, which planet, or planets are linked to the science of Geography. Because geography is both, natural science and also social science I was always wondering, is it the complete Jupiter, or maybe Saturn or maybe Mercury with Jupiter?

Feel free to comment.
<3

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 14, 2021 at 03:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Markocappy
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´ve studied quite a few things. When young and in my twenties, I studied and practiced wilderness skills. Everything from how to make fire without matches to knowing the edible wild plants in the area, to making ´brain-tan´ leather (also know as Indian Tanning.. the resulting leather is very soft like flannel). I also did Quillwork (North American Indian craft.. similar to and proceeding beadwork) and sold this for a few years. Later I studied Astronomy but just as a hobby, had a Dobsonian Telescope.

Nothing prevented me from studying all kinds of things (sometimes even had friends, as an adult, interested in similar things). Never did match anything up with a career or much money. (Quillwork is very labor intensive.. not much money there)

Thanks for the encouragement. The only time I have regretted the life path I took with all its adventure and diversity is NOW! The economy is so far different from when I was younger. I once was always able to get by with part-time work and have time for ´hobbies´ but that is not possible now. I cannot afford a ´decent´ place to live and do not have good neighbors!

:42:

"I´m very fascinated with your rocks collection. I love rocks and minerals also."

Do you collect anything, do you have anything local? I am never without jewelry and a few ´rocks´ in my pockets. I appreciate the healing properties that many of them have as well. I have a Stromatolite fossil that is very calming to hold and helps with ´grounding´.. keeps my nervous system settled.
April 13, 2021 at 13:15
(Capricorn) Markocappy » Rosincvist
Hi, I´ve heard about it but I need to do some research. :1:
April 13, 2021 at 13:13
(Capricorn) Markocappy » windinthetrees
I´m very fascinated with your rocks collection. I love rocks and minerals also. So definitely 9th house is liked with geography as few of you have some placements in sag or 9th house and also Saturn and Mercury.
Sorry for your school situation, you can always learn and do a research on the topics you are interested in. I encourage that. :1: :1: :1:
Did you studied anything?
April 13, 2021 at 13:07
(Capricorn) Markocappy » s81
I can agree. But it needs to be something more, because of social aspect of the science, I would say it is Jupiter too. :6:
April 13, 2021 at 01:51
(Taurus) Rosincvist
We have Astro-Cartography available for when we need it here at Astro-Seek.
I have seen Astro-Locality elsewhere on the Internet; "One" free world map!
There is a theory that longitude zero through thirty correspond to the sign of :171: and once you accept that there are 330 dg. to go!
April 13, 2021 at 00:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have an interest in Geography and a long fascination with maps. I once lived in Boulder Colorado, and wondered if the rock formation there called the ´flatirons´ had anything to do with all the wonderful (criticize this if you want to) energy there. It is a pretty potent area. I am more interested in the natural science area but love different cultures, wish I was good at learning languages. I have an interest in Astronomy as well.

I have Neptune in my 9th house square Jupiter in 6th. Jupiter and Mercury are exactly semi-sextile. Mercury opposses NorthNode in Sagitariuus in 11th house (which is conjuct Galactic Center). I don´t know if any of this has anything to do with it. I have never thought about it. I also have Saturn in Scorpio oppossed Venus in Taurus on my vertical axis. I have a mild interest in Geology and a great love of rocks. Plain rocks, expensive rocks, all rocks. Currently Secondary progressed Jupiter square natal Venus has increased this and brought many rocks into my home. One of the most expensive is a Charoite sphere with Tinkasite and Aegerine (from Russian, 1 and 1/4 inch across). Most are not gemstone quality. I have a few fossils, and Amber along with the rocks. And I pick up things when I walk in natural areas. I found a little piece of quartz that has a mild lavender tint. Don´t know what mineral causes this. My Moon is in Virgo. I love the plants too.

I was pushed away from Science in grade school by the other girls and was redirected into smoking pot and listening to heavy metal music. Straight As in Science and Algebra, being smart was only cool with teachers.
April 12, 2021 at 23:50
(Taurus) s81
I do understand that you ask about by the science of geography by itself, not as a career indicated in the natal chart.
If that´s the case, I guess Saturn is the right one. It rules an Earth sign (Capricorn, like Venus -Taurus- and Mercury -Virgo-), it has to do with solid things, with limits by itself, etc. In fact, it seems to be the ruler of material forms in general.
April 12, 2021 at 23:29
(Capricorn) Markocappy » Travelguy35
I can agree but as a geographer myself I need to say that Geography is so much more than capitals and river names. Its all about the processes and causes in nature and social complexed geographic space. By definition which I found on National geographic
,,Geography is the study of places and the relationships between people and their environments. Geographers explore both the physical properties of Earth’s surface and the human societies spread across it. They also examine how human culture interacts with the natural environment and the way that locations and places can have an impact on people. Geography seeks to understand where things are found, why they are there, and how they develop and change over time.,,
I love cartography and maps also, I have Jupiter in Sagittarius and Sun in Capricorn in 9th house, also Neptune in 9th house. I think that Jupiterian energy as foreign cultures and far away spaces can correspondent with geography also Saturn because of earth, rocks and physical features. Mercury in Sag can be a good indicator.
I´m glad someone answered, thanks. :1:
April 12, 2021 at 13:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Geography as in, the study of earth and all of its places and the mountains, rivers, etc in each place (country) as well as capital cities and other notable towns and cities?

I think my sun and pluto being in 9th, as well as mercury/venus sag helps me to be fascinated by maps.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »