main motivations for coming to this site

April 7, 2021 at 09:27 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) an4iis
main motivations for coming to this site
Hello, i have been recently deepening my understanding in astrology, the occult, and spirituality and have some questions as i get more invested in the site. :1:

what were/are your main motivations and reasons for starting to learn about astrology and such? for me i remember reaching a point in my life when nothing made sense (though when does anything ever make sense lol) but this made it easier to navigate and understand. what about astrology made you start getting invested

are there any situations that make you feel you need astrology to understand or get through? are there any deal breakers when it comes to astrology and the facets you apply it to?

i think that in understanding why people use this site or resources can help my own use of these too, thank you to anyone who replies! (: :79:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 12, 2021 at 02:28
(Gemini) windinthetrees » an4iis
I didn´t realize when I came here that astro-seek was designed for people to use astrology to find good partners. I thought it was for astrology discussions, and ´seeking´ through astrology. Also it is the only astrology forum (that I could find) that has much activity.
April 11, 2021 at 07:36
(Taurus) an4iis » windinthetrees
thank you so much for the reply! yea i really understand your motivations for turning to astrology, getting deeper into really puts so much into perceptive and suddenly overlooked details become moments of clarity. is there a specific reason why you chose this site? the community is very welcoming and genuine so its easy to get hooked in developing not only your own understanding of astrology but also developing connections with like-minded people :1:
April 8, 2021 at 16:34
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
The mystery and discovery of what truths can unveiled by astrology.
April 8, 2021 at 14:39
(Aquarius) nikkia » Jimmy77
That´s the best reply ever!!! :78:

I saw my natal chart for the first time on this site. (Natal chart was the motivation!)
I was immediately hooked. No turning back.
April 8, 2021 at 06:12
(Taurus) Jimmy77
I´m gonna be straight-up honest here. It was because of a woman. Now I just stare at it and hope something makes sense.
April 8, 2021 at 05:40
(Gemini) windinthetrees
Firstly I wanted to understand myself and other people better. Also I am fascinated with patterns. Patterns in art, in nature, with numbers. Astrology is full of patterns.

However Astrology is an abstraction, and as such it is only a description of ´reality´, never reality. A person is never their Astrology chart. And Astrology does a very Virgo thing, it breaks a whole thing apart into pieces, a persons Sun, their Moon, Mars, etc. All these details. Then we have to integrate them back together into a whole, and then say this actually has something to do with someone.

:61:

Many times it does seem to.

I have watched Progressions and Transits come and go and I have also gone through years of my life without paying attention. However, when I am really, really hurting, and I just can´t seem to understand what the heck is going on, I will turn to Astrology. Sometimes it is an AhHa!! moment, and sometimes it can be frightening. I have both ´curses´ and ´blessings´ in my chart. What I want is to figure out how to make the ´curses´ okay. How do I utilize this energy properly.

It is my experience that when I have talked with someone who does not use or follow astrology (and I know their chart, usually with their permission) that they almost always are doing both positive and negative things with the ´harsh´ stuff that comes up. I´m not so sure that ´knowing´ all these intimate details about ourselves is always helpful. I think it depends on the details and on the person.

If I had any ´advice´ to give, it would be to include Ceres in every chart. I think it is the next best thing to Jupiter, and who would leave Jupiter out!! Sure Jupiter can overdo it and Ceres can go overboard with things, but lets all be happy and nurtured!!
April 7, 2021 at 10:11
(Taurus) Rosincvist
It is always interesting when little :153: and cold :157: are together in a chart! :1:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »