Lots of questions about stellia

March 25, 2021 at 03:44 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) ems1822
Lots of questions about stellia
Hello, I´ve seen a lot of different things about stellia and I´m not sure exactly how to interpret my chart in all of these different contexts. Is a stellium a collection (3? 4?) of placements in the same sign OR house, or in the same sign AND house? I´ve heard that a stellium has to include both inner and outer planets, but I´m not sure how things like MC would factor into stellia. I also read one comment that said stellia had to be within 10´ of each other- how widely accepted is this, and does that mean that the first placement in a stellium has to be within 10´ of the final placement in the stellium, or does each placement just have to be within 10´ of the next (though it seems it´d be hard to achieve a stellium if this wasn´t true...).

I know I have a lot of placements around Sag in my 10th house and Aquarius in my 12th- does anyone have insights as to what this could mean for me? I feel like :181: in the 12th house is a fairly aloof combination, but :179: in the 10th feels fairly optimistic :-)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 29, 2021 at 20:30
(Taurus) s81
Well, this is other of those topics somewhat controversial. Some people accept 3 planets or more, others say that 4 are required as minimum, others accept asteroids as counting into, others say main fixed stars also could be counted into, even others count calculated points, etc.

To define if there is a stellium or not, I prefer to stick to *solar system bodies*, that is planets and asteroids (ignoring all of the fixed stars obviously), and accept a minimum of 3 since the concept behind a "stellium" is a "group of stars", and 2 are just a couple called "conjunctio" by itself, so 3 should be the right starting point. For the calculated points I accept that Rahu and Ketu (the lunar nodes) play a role due to the distortion perceived by their presence in the action of the present bodies, but I totally ignore the rest of them (house cusps including ASC, MC, etc, arabic parts, vertex/antivertex, etc) just because they don´t affect planets/asteroids expression (the same can not be said otherwise of course, those areas are affected by the bodies present there).
March 29, 2021 at 20:13
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
A stellium is 3-4 planets or more (depending upon the astrologer - some astrologers say 3, some say 4)) in one sign AND in one house, no more than 10 degrees apart. This is the widely accepted definition.

I would consider you having two stellia - one in the 10th and one in the 12th. It really doesn´t matter what you call it. You have a lot of planets in two places and that is significant. I´ve never heard that you have to have an outer planet for it to be a stellium. Really, when we interpret the chart - it doesn´t matter what you call it. The interpretation is what it is without putting a label on the number of planets or what type of planets (inner/personal, social, outer/transpersonal). It´s a mute point.

Your past life symbol is Capricorn in the 11th. This means that much of your self-definition has come from social ideas and beliefs - say from a religious upbringing or whatever your parents valued or the culture you grew up in valued. It is like you believe what you were taught instead of figuring it for yourself - what is true or not true according to your own thinking processes. It doesn´t mean that your beliefs are wrong. It just means that you didn´t think it through and own it for yourself. You didn´t question authority and make your own decisions about what you think is true. So your conclusions really aren´t yours. You´re taking them on faith.

So, the North Node symbol says that you are learning to question and to think things out for yourself. You might end up affirming what you were taught but you might end up having different ideas or a new take on the old ideas. Who knows what you´ll decide. The point is, you will want to discover your own philosophy and beliefs - through your own experience rather than take other people´s word on it.

Both stellia are actually helping you with this. Aquarius is all about using one´s own intuition and realizing one´s own self. Uranus is the "I´ve got to be me" planet - and it is about your own individuation. You need solitude and time to reflect upon yourself - which is a 12th house activity. People connect with their own personal spirituality there. They have more access to creativity, imagination and inspiration there.

The planets in Sag in the 10th are there to revise your beliefs and conclusions about yourself and life in general. That´s what Sagittarius is - one´s philosophy, beliefs, meaning in life, exploring what is most valuable to us, learning, growing, becoming, connecting with new ideas, new people, new cultures and learning about ourselves through those experiences. Sagittairus is very expansive. The 10th house is our most outer, social selves. Relationships will be very important to you. Your Moon in Libra says that as well. You will learn a great deal about yourself through you one-on-one relationships.

You´re probably very smart and inutitive. You are to separate yourself out and be very unique, and you will love thinking about all this stuff. Just watch out that you don´t judge others or come across as judging. Sagittarius is so focused on good-bad, right-wrong, superior-inferior - the polar opposites of everything - because Sag wants to be the best, is very competitive, and doesn´t tune into how other people decide things emotionally. You aren´t very tuned into your emotions and feelings - but other people are tuned into theirs. So, this is something you´ll have to learn through others - to be more in your feelings and less in your head. You will learn how to be more compassionate and understanding through your relationships.

This is not a complete reading, but I think I´ve answered your questions.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
March 29, 2021 at 20:00
(Aquarius) nikkia » natalizzye
You have a 4 planet stellium in 3ed house, Sag.
3 planets (:153: :160: :155: are conjunct)
March 29, 2021 at 18:59
(Sagittarius) natalizzye
In my opinion, the real stellium looks like this - asc, moon, mercury, sun, venus and it is best that these planets should be in one house. I have sun sag, mercury, venus, pluto in the 3rd house, in the sign of scorpio, I can add that the moon is also in my 3rd house, but it is in the scorpion. Many people think that I am a strong sag or a gemini, I agree with them, because I feel just like these two signs at the same time, although they are opposite, I will also add that I have asc virgo :)
March 29, 2021 at 18:33
(Aquarius) nikkia
I had a ton of questions about stellia too when I first learned of them. I still don´t know all the ins and outs of this configuration. Neither does the astro community, most just shake their heads and try to guess.

A stellium is group of 4 or more planets ALL in one sign AND same house.

Since Sun, Mercury and Venus are very commonly conjunct, most say it takes 4 planets to make a real stellium -- and The Lights are supposed to make stellias stronger. Now, if I saw 3 planets all in the same house and sign, but they are outer planets, I´d say that´s a pretty powerful cluster. But that´s me.
I´m no astrologer.

As far as I know, a 10 degree orb is used for the Lights (Sun and Moon) near other planets in a stellium.
A smaller orb is used for all the other planets in relation to each other - which varies in degrees and is very frustrating for a beginner. Most use an orb of 6-8 degrees for planets other than the luminaries, and a wider orb (15-17) for Sun and Moon in the same house / same sign stellia placements.

As an Aqua with a Sag rising (Western) I can relate to your feelings. I find myself both optimistic and once-removed from the mire. I like this combo! Beats having it the other way around (in the mire with little faith!)

I hope this helps.
March 29, 2021 at 11:49
(Pisces) Irini
Hello, I have a selenium too and it´s in my fourth house. My Venus Uranus and Neptune are in Capricorn and my moon and mercury in Aquarius.. they´re five planets in the same house but in different signs.. they have to be four and more planets to call it a stellium..
I need to upgrade my free time reading astrology cuz some of the things you said just truly need to research and Google 😋
March 28, 2021 at 11:12
(Taurus) Rosincvist
10 minutes is a cazimi and the opposite of regular conjunction.
:181: is Uranian and that can be problematic with Neptunian influences!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »