What aspects would cause dark thoughts (in one´s natal chart)?

March 23, 2021 at 21:54 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Deermaiden
What aspects would cause dark thoughts (in one´s natal chart)?
Are there aspects that result dark thoughts/negative thinking or some kind of mental illness? I´m really interested in this topic and I would like to read about it

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 25, 2021 at 17:36
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
My daughter acts very cold, she can play prototypical bitch face :4:

Thanks dear! Still I wonder why those signs... Anyway that´s for another topic! I wonder why Mercury in Pisces is debilitated, many people think I ask stupid questions but I always want to know what´s behind it all.
March 25, 2021 at 00:12
(Taurus) Rosincvist » nutelina
:36: Think of beer; You drink beer to rehydrate, but add lime-salt to make sure the rehydration isn´t too fast! :36:
March 24, 2021 at 19:35
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
Moon in Cancer is in its own sign. Moon in Taurus is exalted....hence why in Scorpio It becomes debilitated.

Capricorn is opposite to Cancer yes, but moon in Cancer isn´t exalted--- just in its own sign.

But, Moon in any sign ruled by Saturn, does give more of a "coldness" to said person. In my experiences..
March 24, 2021 at 18:51
Maybe it´s off topic but I also don´t get that say Cancer moon is in it´s domicile but in Scorpio it would be debilitated. In Capricorn it would be detriment. My daughter has this moon. You´d say it wouldn´t be so different from Taurus moon but it is.
March 24, 2021 at 18:44
Thanks, curiously my brother has moon in Scorpio, hence I asked. He is much like you write. After learning what Whole Sign is I realized a birth chart is just the zodiac rotated against itself so you get pairs of signs. The houses are just named so to make it more digestible but maybe that´s my poor understanding.
March 24, 2021 at 16:43
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
Yes, like I told her. Scorpio is the natural 8th house of the zodiac. Hence moon goes debilitated.

Both ways - it´s applicable. Even if your 8th house is, say, Capricorn, and your moon resides there.... It still is likened to a Scorpio moon, just as natural rulership of the zodiac belt.

Obviously, there will be differences, because the signs are different. But Moon in the 8th, in any sign, doesn´t feel as comfortable as it can be. Emotional ups and downs regardless.

OP´s question was pretty cut and dry, she asked simply - what aspects cause dark thoughts - the cut and dry answer is the 8th house, more often than not.

OP happens to have a debilitated Moon. It´s not a coincidence.. But.... with building up some mind-power, you can abolish worn down, self-defeating negativity that serves you no purpose anyway. Just takes will-power.

It´s easy for anyone to feel sorry for themselves, think of all the wrongs done to them or what they have gone through ... What takes real guts is overcoming that, and gaining strength in the face of adversity.
March 24, 2021 at 16:19
(Taurus) nutelina » Rosincvist
>The dark question!; Can Spiritual disease and neurosis cancel-out major mental malfunction!

Ehm did you mean enhance? It´s a double negative...
March 24, 2021 at 16:17
What about Moon in Scorpio, is that exchangeable with 8th house?
March 24, 2021 at 15:48
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
The 8th house is where we are supposed to investigate the so-called negative thoughts (sadness, anger, guilt, hurt, resentment, etc) for transformation. The 12th house is a letting go of negative thoughts . . . hopefully . . . and dealing with mental illnesses . . . but people have mental illnesses with no planets at all in 12th, 8th or Pisces and Scorpio.

Doesn´t everyone have some negative thoughts at times? People can have negative thoughts in any sign and house. And we really need to look at the whole chart.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
March 24, 2021 at 09:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Moon in hard aspect to Pluto/Saturn
March 24, 2021 at 08:57
(Libra) Deermaiden
Thank you so much for all of your answers! I assumed it has to do something with Scorpio/8th/12th house, I just wasn´t sure of it. Also the Lilith interpretation was very interesting you really all gave me useful answers :79:
March 24, 2021 at 07:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I wouldn´t go further than tLilith in challenging aspect (conjunction, square and opposition) with Mercury.

In positive aspect with Mercury (trine and sextile) Lilith is making people manipulate with words, but in challenging, it is turning person´s thoughts against its well being and growth.
March 24, 2021 at 02:10
(Virgo) rohini moon » Jaided
Mars in the 8th alone or conjunct the moon could cause that tendency.
March 24, 2021 at 01:53
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:157: can be leaden and obsessed with the Occult.
:152: is also a culprit in the realm of dark desires.
:160: is darker in this timeline than some similar timelines, though some have escaped from worse like Philip K. Dick & Harlan Ellison! :123: :122: :121:
The brilliance and genius of :156: and the specialness of :159: make most planets dark collaborators, :27: excluded of course!
The dark question!; Can Spiritual disease and neurosis cancel-out major mental malfunction! :23:
March 24, 2021 at 01:09
(Virgo) LotusStar » s81
I have Mercury in the 12 house on the south node square Neptune. Without disclosing too much, I think you are right this aspect gives struggles with mental health. Also combined with Moon in the 8th with difficult aspects and Scorpio/Pluto rising doesnt help.

Mercury in the 12 gives intrusive thoughts, at times paranoid. Emotionally, an 8 house Moon can go to extremes, and tend to be more aware of the darker elements of life since childhood because a sense of safety and security was often lacking.

I think darkness is relative, but 12th house and 8th house are the deepest darkest waters. Having Mercury or Moon in those house, especially in hard aspect to Pluto, Neptune, Saturn is difficult. Perhaps also combinations of Pluto or Saturn in the 12th, 8th, 4th or 3rd, in aspect to Mercury or Moon. If you mix in the nodes, it makes it even more intense. In signs like Scorpio, Capricorn more so.
March 23, 2021 at 23:39
(Taurus) s81
One typical aspect associated with negative thinking, self limiting thoughts, are those involving Mercury (intellect) and Saturn (restrictions) in a tense configuration (let´s say opposition, square, quincunx, etc).
Mental illness, on the other hand, typically (generally speaking) involves Neptune (and what´s related to it, Piscis, 12th house, etc) with Mercury (and what´s related to it, Gemini or Virgo, 3rd or 6th houses, etc), also in tense aspects. In any case, the chart should be read as a whole, since there are a lot of things that can lower or even neutralize an specific aspect. This is pretty important, specially in health considerations.
March 23, 2021 at 22:06
(Virgo) rohini moon
The 8th house.

Anything to do with the 8th house. Especially, in my opinion, Moon in the 8th.

In Vedic, it´s a "Marka house" Ie death-signifying house. Death literally, yes, but also metaphorically. Death of the ego.

Moon is your mental peace and emotions, so Moon feels most uncomfortable being in this house for those reasons, creates a lot of emotional conflict within themselves, so as the house of "sudden ups and downs" they tend to have a lot of that in their life.

When I think of the 8th house, I also think of transformation, people with a lot of planetary action going on in this house, do have the power to transform for the better, to let the ego go... Why ego? Because the 8th house also has a lot to do with power - can make a person always want to be in control of others - have that power over them. It´s their lesson in this life to learn to "let go" of the power struggle. So, these people can have great breakthroughs spiritually if they tend to go down that path. And, they do usually have a penchant for spirituality ...what kind they choose to pursue is anyone´s guess..

In your sidereal chart, you´ve got Moon in Scorpio - it´s in debilitation. This would also definitely give a person a more... Negative mind, from the jump, due to it being in its fall. You have it in the 4th house - the house of Mental peace/emotions and the mother. Scorpio being the natural 8th house, so all I said up above very well could apply here. Moon in the 8th and moon in debilitation in the 4th would show a person with a lot of emotional conflict within their home and their mother.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »