Natal chart and polyglottery( ability to speak several languages)

March 20, 2021 at 11:08 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) merteuil26
Natal chart and polyglottery( ability to speak several languages)
Hi,
just wanted to ask if anyone knows combinations for polyglottery in natal chart?
Does it show in my natal chart personally, since I study 5 languages currently :)
Thank You!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 21, 2021 at 21:29
(Sagittarius) Ioaanaa08
I know 5 languages too and someone told me it´s because my mercury is in conjunction with uranus plus the mc in Capricorn also i have venus in sagittarius (9th house I´m an aries rising ) and my sun there too
March 21, 2021 at 18:11
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Very interesting! You´re able to pick up languages seeming by osmosis. I think it is a combination of things. As others have mentioned, Mercury rules languages and Mercury rules Gemini and Virgo.

1. Gemini IC - ruled by Mercury, in the core of your being - your most inner, private sense of self - is Gemini, the verbal communicator.

2. Sagittarius MC, Mercury conjunct MC and Sun in Sagittarius, 10th. Sagittarius is expansive and its job is to grow, learn and assimilate what is learned into oneself. This is obvious something that is good for picking up a language quickly. And of course, 10th house suggests accomplishment - being good at it - a career.

3. Jupiter rules Sagittarius and it also traditionally rules your Pisces ASC. Pisces is spacious, empathic, can play many roles, is versatile - so it too, can play a part in being able to pick up languages easily. Pisces absorbs.

4. Jupiter is in the 12th house with all those other planets - so more Piscean energy - more absorbing, versatility, adaptability, creativity, attunement with the Muse and higher states of being. But it is also in Aquarius - which is very mental and smart - the higher octave of Mercury - so there´s a natural intuitive brilliance. Aquarius-Uranus energy learns quickly.

5. Your Virgo Moon is also ruled by Mercury - and is a wordsmith along with Gemini. That´s a lot of Mercury signatures - Gemini IC, Mercury conjunct MC, Virgo Moon - and Sagittarius is also quite a mental sign.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
March 21, 2021 at 09:00
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
I see... Well we Dutchies have subtitles... You´d maybe need them for Dutch speaking though! Practically all Dutch speak English I think or?
March 21, 2021 at 06:49
(Virgo) LotusStar
I was thinking combinations of Mercury and Jupiter, especially if involving Gemini or air signs, and indeed your Mercury is in Sagittarius and in an exact sextile to ruler Jupiter in air element which also relates to communication and language skills.

March 21, 2021 at 00:29
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Spanish sometimes comes to me unexpectedly because of the outlier Centaur Hidalgo :193: :152:, a renegade Aztec tribe had some influence on the now antiquated L. A. Ca. ethnic neighbourhood I was in as a toddler, so that might be where the Spanish comes from, mundane world and heaven mirroring each other!
Someone suggested that Russia is the :159: country, America is the :199: country, and other less savory stereotypes!
Belgians reserve the right to eject any children who would be merely monolingual in the 2nd grade; You have probably heard of the Belgian Jean-Claude Van Damme?
March 20, 2021 at 20:03
(Capricorn) aventurine
Hi, I too have a Sagittarius retrograde mercury, mine´s in the 1st house. I speak 3 languages and I´m currently studying 2 others. Foreign languages are kind of the only interest I´m loyal to, in the sense that I know I´ll never get bored of it and am naturally good at it. To me it´s obvious that Sag mercury is the reason behind it.
I would also add that your sun at the critical 29° of sag represents the culmination of this sign´s energy, a strong pull towards all things Sagittarius.
March 20, 2021 at 19:00
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » nutelina
Hmm...well try learning Dutch with Mercury in Capricorn Square Uranus in Libra square Aries in Chiron. :61: It gets broken up into segments, and people, and never quite gets there. :61: Slow motion turtle when you need to pass exams and write it and speak it fluently. Covid came and interrupted services. :61:
March 20, 2021 at 18:57
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » merteuil26
He´s just jealous, because you attract a lot of foreign women since it´s Jupiter. :61:
March 20, 2021 at 18:04
(Sagittarius) merteuil26 » nutelina
What about my 12th house planets hahaha :)
March 20, 2021 at 14:20
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
I was bilingual from birth but I kept liking to speak to people all over the world. I guess that is due to Venus in 9th house. Thanks for pointing out the North Node in Virgo, 3rd house :15:

And look at all his 12th house planets. :22:
March 20, 2021 at 12:32
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Mercury in Sagittarius is different foreign languages since it is traveling and ruled by Jupiter.

Jupiter in Aquarius is expansive foreign lands and the air element. Uranus in Aquarius higher communications, messages.

Mars in Aquarius taking action to foreign languages.

Venus in Aquarius the passion to learn foreign languages.

Moon in Virgo ruled by Mercury and perhaps paying attention to the details of writing and speaking foreign languages.

North Node Virgo is evolving into the Mercury themes of communications, writing, editing, presenting, speaking, and the throat chakra.
Sagittarius in Pluto transforming your language.
March 20, 2021 at 11:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
A I can see the main suspect here is Aquarius Jupiter sextile MC Sag Mercury. :46:

Mercury stands for language and being at MC it is the most dominant one in the chart. Since Mercury is making a sextile (aspect that also stands for communication) with his dispositor Jupiter, that stands for knowledge and learning processes, and it is positioned in the sign of large systems, all nations, all world in functional way, including world languages (Aquarius) it is not surprise that you´d love to learn to communicate with all nations...

Btw if there is One language for entire world you would be expert in only that one.

You are probably constantly trying to find similarities between all those language you learn, common ground, one root for all...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »