Saturn Return - What do the 3 dates represent?

March 10, 2021 at 03:06 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) kevinks
Saturn Return - What do the 3 dates represent?
Hi all!

So I´ve been reading about Saturn Returns, but I´m confused about the 3 different dates that come up for each cycle. I noticed for my first return I have 3 dates, but my second return only has 1, and then the third return has 3 again. Why is that, what do they each represent, and how does that define the return cycle?

Thank you!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 11, 2021 at 09:41
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
For many people, the transiting Saturn conjuncts the natal Saturn going direct. That´s the first date. Then TR Saturn goes retrograde across the natal Saturn. That´s the second date. And then TR Saturn goes back over the natal Saturn once again going direct. That´s the third date.

Not everyone gets three passes of Transiting Saturn. It just depends on when the retrograde occurs. Some people get one date - with one conjunction from TR Saturn. Others get two dates because on the retrograde, Saturn stops or stations right on the natal Saturn and goes direct - so it doesn´t retrograde far enough to have another date where it passes again going direct for a third conjunction. So the second date is when TR Saturn touches natal Saturn going retrograde and moves on direct again all at one time.

Most people don´t live long enough for a third Saturn Return! You have to be live to be 90.

A Saturn Return with three dates just tell you when TR Saturn is in close conjunction with natal Saturn. We consider the entire Return to last a year since that´s usually how long it takes for the three passes. We feel the effects of long before and after those dates. It´s a very strong infusion of energy demanding that we live our lives authentically - and live our lives meaningfully. It´s often a difficult time when people make huge changes in their lives - often for the better.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »