Extrovert or Introvert: How your chart tells you

November 30, 2018 at 16:36 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user arrowhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Extrovert or Introvert: How your chart tells you
The horoscope chart can be divided up into separate spheres of influence.

The north side is the bottom half and includes houses 1 thru 6.

The south side is the top half and has houses 7 thru 12.

North is considered the night where things are not readily seen in the darkness.

South is the light of day where you are exposed to the public glare.

If you have the majority of your planets placed in the fire and air signs in the upper half of your chart, you are far more comfortable with the public attention you receive.You are an extrovert.You need people around you.

If you have planets in earth and water signs in the upper half of your chart you are not as comfortable being in the glare of the spotlight, and will not enjoy the unwanted attention as much as the fire and air signs do.

For the people with the majority of their planets placed below the horizon in
houses 1 thru 6 these people rely more on their own self and do not have the need for other people.These are the introverts among us.

If the planets are in the fire and air signs in the bottom half you may not receive the attention you´d like to have and might feel frustrated at times.

For those whose planets are in earth and water signs in the bottom half you are
quite happy to go unnoticed and love your privacy.

Most people are a combination of both extrovert and introvert.

By tallying up the planets above (houses 7-12), with the number of fire and air signs, compared to the number of planets below (houses 1-6) with earth and water signs, you can figure out if you are more of an extrovert or an introvert.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 9, 2019 at 15:51
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » emerauxe
Yes, that makes a lot of sense for me!
October 9, 2019 at 10:46
(Aquarius) emerauxe » bluerosepetals
It seems to be the case when Saturn is in strong aspect with one of the inner planets that the cautious conservative, inhibited, fearful, self conscious, pessimistic, Capricornian influence overrides everything else.

The ruler of your Pisces Sun is Neptune in Capricorn, so Saturn comes up quite often as an important restraining factor on your expresion.

Your being born on the 8th is further testimony to Saturn influencing you as the number 8 is ruled by Saturn.

Your Moon conjunct your Ascendant and Pluto conjunct your Descendant in oppostion to your Moon also skews you towards introversion and keeping your own counsel, relishing your privacy.

And Lillith is also on your Moon and Ascendant dampening your persona with a dark quality.

All of the water sign ruled introverted planets are prominent in your chart, the Moon giving you strong Cancer qualities, and Pluto providing Scorpio qualities, and of course Neptune and the Pisces influence.

Communicating through the internet is an ideal outlet for your air sign energy
allowing you to do so on your own schedule and in safety and privacy.

This does not describe all of you by any means; it only focusses on the factors that caused your introversion.
October 8, 2019 at 12:11
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
Hmmm, I have most of my planets in the south side and in air signs, and I am pretty introverted. I like to spend a lot of time alone, but I do like online communication (I pretty much need that constantly). But I do have a Sun-Saturn conjunction.
October 7, 2019 at 00:02
(Pisces) Dainty » arrowhorse
Oh arrow! Lazy me one year ago never responded.

This is one of my favorite topics on here. I had to dig this up for reference and confirmation.

I am grateful that arrow didn’t delete his topics before he left. He made this forum, more than anyone on here! <3
December 7, 2018 at 12:40
(Capricorn) Sadie94 » Blastro501
Sometimes I think I do, but then again my mom always commenting on how much I don´t have a poker face. My face tells it all. :61: :61:

The only planets that AREN´T in Capricorn are Saturn (8H Aquarius) and Jupiter and Pluto (Both 5H Scorpio)
December 7, 2018 at 11:44
(Leo) Blastro501 » Sadie94
Yea you keep a straight face. I´m the total opposite. I have Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Cancer 1st House, 2nd House Sun and Mars in Leo, 5th house Pluto in Scorpio, 6th House Sagittarius Uranus, Saturn, and Neptune. You will feel what I feel. Mars Square Pluto and Sun Square Pluto. I tend to destroy....
December 6, 2018 at 22:44
(Capricorn) Sadie94 » Blastro501
I have a 7th house stellium. All of my Capricorn planets except Mars are in my 7th house.
December 6, 2018 at 17:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Dainty
System message: Post has been written by user arrowhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You have a very powerful Venus and 7th house stellium of planets.
Those two factors make socializing and having companionship a vital part of your existence.

I disagree with you and still think that air and fire are generally more extroverted than water and earth.

A professional astrologer related her experience of teaching a class of earth and water signs, compared to a class of air and fire signs.

The earth and water sign class waited patiently in silence for the class to begin.

The air and fire signs were all talking to each other and moving around.
December 6, 2018 at 11:20
(Leo) Blastro501 » Sadie94
Same here...Cancer Ascendant as well. My first two houses and the 6th have all the planets expect Jupiter in Aries.
December 6, 2018 at 10:15
(Pisces) Dainty
I don´t think the air/fire - water/earth dualism has as much to do with introvert vs. extrovert as it has to do with masculinity and femininity. I have a mostly feminine chart and I´m an extrovert. I feel tired and drained being alone for too long.
December 5, 2018 at 23:10
(Capricorn) Sadie94
This is very interesting. Majority of my chart is in the southern hemisphere and is mostly earth. I like to mind my business and be a wallflower lol
December 1, 2018 at 16:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » StarMage93
=====
The outer planets do easily distort the usual interpretation of a sign.
All of the people that have Pluto near their ascendant take on a decidedly Scorpionic personality to a degree that totally changes the way they would normally appear and present themselves, because of it.
December 1, 2018 at 13:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » arrowhorse
System message: Post has been written by user StarMage93, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Oh yeah, Neptune. Didn´t pay much attention to it at first, but recently, I´ve been more aware of it. And Uranus too.
I´ve also recently started looking more into aspects to the ascendant, including the opposition to Uranus and Neptune you mentioned. When discussing the ascendant and overall personality, many people tend to focus on conjunctions and the planets present in the 1st house, but I´ve come to conclude that other aspects also affect one´s persona, just in more subtle ways it seems. My ascendant just so happens to be aspecting all three outermost planets, and the outer planets tend to be weird.
I think Neptune in specific is an often overlooked planet, but its influence is definitely there.
December 1, 2018 at 12:32
(Capricorn) CapiSun » StarMage93
Hmmm,that is interesting. You are right, it may be your aspects affecting your planets.
December 1, 2018 at 00:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » StarMage93
=====
There can always be reasons that can explain why some astrological principles don´t always work out.

Your Saturn aspects that you cited are but one example of this.

You also have Uranus conjunct Neptune in your 7th house opposing your ascendant.

Neptune likes to escape into its own world and Uranus doesn´t like to follow rules and prefers to do things its own way, so it stays away from the team concept and isolates itself from others.
November 30, 2018 at 21:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user StarMage93, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have most of my planets in the southern hemisphere and I´m pretty much the most introverted person one could possibly meet. Doesn´t quite add up for me. Maybe it has to do with my Saturn being in a tight square with both luminaries.
November 30, 2018 at 18:19
(Capricorn) CapiSun » arrowhorse
Yep, very true.
November 30, 2018 at 18:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » CapiSun
=====
Thank you Lavonne, I very much appreciate your gracious response!

It is very difficult to get along in our society when you prefer your own company,and don´t find parties and night clubs your cup of tea.

Being judged and pressured by other people to join in, is not pleasant, when all you want is solitude.
November 30, 2018 at 17:04
(Capricorn) CapiSun
This was an excellent explanation! I have pretty much ALL of my planets placed in the bottom half of my chart, and I am very much an introvert/loner. I am sociable when I need to be, and want to be, but I 100% prefer my solitude over anything. Being around too many people too much is draining for me, and I usually need to be alone to recharge.

It is hard being this way, because in life, we have to be around people for many reasons; work, school, grocery shopping, holidays, etc. The world we live in also prefers extrovertism over introvertism, which makes it hard for us introverts to feel comfortable being introverted. Thanks for this comprehensive explanation!! :15:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »