Mercury semi-s mars

March 5, 2021 at 04:31 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Mercury semi-s mars
Lol, just looking through the descriptions under someones chart and found their description of the aforementioned aspect as:

- Mercury Semi-Sextile Mars (0°20’, Applying)

These people like word puzzles and duels. They are funny and sarcastic but they are also very impatient and they can get completely exhausted from working hard. Their thinking is fast and practical.

So I was pretty happy about their description, and remembered I also had this aspect. Went to my descriptions and found this:

- Mercury Semi-Sextile Mars (0°36’, Applying)

This aspect gives people impatience and they are often quarrelsome. They have strong personalities so they usually do not have good relationships with others. They are good leaders. Many reformers had this aspect. Their thinking is quick and practical, but they tend to persuade others about their truth and they are often arrogant.

:61:

What gives!?

Edit: both came from this website using the same calculator (different birthdays)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 6, 2021 at 16:33
(Scorpio) Graham » Sunnyshadow
Yes. ... What the aspect itself does remains the same, regardless of the planets/signs/houses at either end of it.

So, I´d expect the "aspect only" description to be universal.
March 6, 2021 at 04:16
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Graham
I´m not sure. I´ve read several descriptions that seemed universal thru the signs. Even different aspects sometimes use the same description. Like Square and tri-octile use exact same description I´ve noticed before in one case. It´s just funny because the first description i posted earlier seems more positive in a way for :153: :194: :155: both are applying at less than 1 degree

We need to page Petr to get to the bottom of this
March 5, 2021 at 17:36
(Scorpio) Graham » Sunnyshadow
I also have not seen that here (or on any other site) before.

Maybe the signs of Mercury and Mars are different in the two charts, and the interpretations on astro-seek have factored that in, since both are valid descriptions of the Mercury-Mars sextile.
March 5, 2021 at 12:53
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Graham
Much of that description is correct for me. Highly accurate I would say. I was just thinking last night how accurate alot of the interpretations are under my chart.

What I´m really curious about though, is why there were two different descriptions for the exact same aspect. I´ve never seen that before on here.
March 5, 2021 at 08:42
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Semi-S had me thinking of :196: the simple octile; I have suggested before that the semi-sextile symbol be the ninth astrological symbol listed in Reply emojis!
I have the :155: exact semi-sextile :153: in my heliocentric chart which is different for most other cohorts as :153: moves five degrees in a day!
March 5, 2021 at 07:26
(Scorpio) Graham
With a natal semi-sextile, the far midpoint is 165degs away from each of the two planets. ... Thus, anything located at that far mid-point (natally, or by progressions and transits) creates a "poleaxe" configuration.

When that (permanent or temporary) poleaxe is activated - by progressions, transits or a synastry contact - the chart owner tends to be impatient, quarrelsome and over-forceful when interacting with others. ... This is usually accompanied by a firm belief in the validity of whatever "truth"/point they might be "hammering home" - which makes them good "leaders"/decision-makers, because (like Donald Trump and Winston Churchill) they simply dismiss the views of others as ´incorrect/invalid". ... That is why they often come across to others as arrogant - but, in reality, they just (intuitively) "know that they are right".

Hence, in the UK, Winston Churchill is remembered as "the man who get everything wrong, until World War II proved him to be right".

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »