Are air signs afraid of their own emotions?

February 26, 2021 at 14:25 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) amandaallansson
Are air signs afraid of their own emotions?
One thing which I´ve recently noticed with my friends who are air signs(gemini, libra and aquarius) is that they all avoid to show or talk about emotions in general. Since I´m a Scorpio stellium I can become quite overbearing with my depth and emotions especially if I´m passionate about something or if I´m attached to a person etc. Which in this case is shown in my work where I posted a youtube video where I read a poem I had written which was kind of depressing and melancholic. I swear all of my air sign friends all got worried after watching that video because they thought I had become depressed or I was sad somehow(like a cry for help). As a scorpio I found this interesting. Because to me it seemed like they were are afraid of their own darkness. And therefore they like to avoid everything which seems sad or depressing. For them is all about always being positive and show that you are happy on the outside. This is just my perspective. If you´re an air sign, please let me know what your experience is with emotions and especially with heavy negative emotions(basically anything that is dark or negative). And what are your experience after watching this video? I´m not dark at all btw, I see my work as art and as an expression. I don´t identify or associate myself with those heavy negative emotions in my work. They are however an inspiration from my past since I´ve been dealing with depression.
YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
March 1, 2021 at 00:30
(Aquarius) nikkia » amandaallansson
Maybe. Maybe not.
Placements are merely potentials.

It takes a ton of effort, work, time, sacrifice and money to become a psychologist.
Even more to become a GREAT one.

If those resources aren´t there, well... it won´t happen.
Not to mention, ´luck´ (outside interference)

Have you considered becoming a psychologist?
They have to undergo their own therapy, too.

It seems like you might really enjoy this type of work!
February 28, 2021 at 21:15
(Scorpio) amandaallansson » nikkia
Yes, could be my virgo moon and ascendant of wanting to help people though. I guess I could be a great psychologist with my scorpio and virgo placements lol.
February 28, 2021 at 18:30
Ah, there it is. So, if someone isn´t willing to open up to you -- that means they don´t want to be helped? Interesting.
February 28, 2021 at 18:18
As a Scorpio and Empath I have an easy time picking up on other peoples emotions so it comes natural to me to wanting to help people, especially for those who are suffering on the inside. But I can also agree with you on the fact that not everyone is willing to open up or want to be helped. We all handle our emotions and pain differently in our own ways.
February 28, 2021 at 17:11
"Well yes I can notice other peoples emotions behind their mask, however it´s harder for me to notice this with air signs or if I would speak with someone through text/messages like we do now(unless the person decides to open up ofc). I hope you got your question answered."

Yes, you answered and I thank you !

I must say (and this is not directed at you personally) that it´s really none of anyone´s business what other people are thinking or feeling. Mask or no.

If they want to share, great!
If not, tough.
That´s their private domain.

I respect BEWARE of DOG and NO TRESPASSING SIGNS when I see them.

No one has a right to someone else´s inner sanctum.
This is ´By Invitation Only´ territory.
So when an intruder gets stopped at the gate, bit, or shot...

This private place was never yours to wander upon to begin with.

{Says the Air sign :4:}
February 28, 2021 at 16:36
(Scorpio) amandaallansson » thespiderprince
I understand where you come from in regards of not being able to trust your own emotions. However the power of love(not just romantic love)is one of the biggest forces in the universe. Love is a feeling many people mix up with the feeling of falling in love with someone. Which is partially a reaction in the brain as you said, but I do believe other factors are behind that too(past lives etc) combined with the scientific aspect. Also I did watch a very interesting movie yesterday on Netflix called "Equals". It´s a science fiction movie where a society lives in huge complex where they perceive emotions/love as a disease. Could be compared to the pandemic too(and the vaccine). Thought I would recommend it to you since it´s a very eye opening movie about emotions.
February 28, 2021 at 11:40
(Gemini) thespiderprince
As a sun and mercury in Gemini person not only am I a Gemini but I really identify with Gemini. The air. Writing. Communication. Learning. All that.

I´ve never been married and I´m over forty. Now, I think either I´m smarter than most or I´m missing out. Probably a bit of both.

When it comes to emotions I see them as chemicals in the brain. I don´t believe in love or soulmates but I do believe the the planetary energies have an affect on us. Those things somehow get mixed up with astrology just like past lives, in a big new age pile of junk.

Let me clarify, I do believe in love but I believe it´s rather fleeting which would explain the 75% divorce rate in the United States.

So there is some cognitive dissonance there for people who commit to a marriage with all the positivity hope and best intentions and divorce several years later bitter and upset because they feel they have lost those years.

I´m definitely not afraid of my emotions I just know that they will change and ebb and flow. In a word, I don´t trust them.
February 28, 2021 at 09:49
(Libra) Arianed
In my experience, yes. But I attributed it to be because of my moon in Capricorn. Never thought about it as an air sign thing
February 27, 2021 at 12:35
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » amandaallansson
I have Aries in Chiron, so yes all the Aries in life tend to be self-focused, get a bit frustrated, have a lot of Mars energy, aggression, hostility, and they don´t do a very good job communicating at all. They typically are impulsive, rash, too fast, and end up taking actions to fast, they regret later, or end up in arguments since they tend to want to be number one all the time. I have a lot of Aries around me.

I think I learned there is the lower conscious form and the higher conscious form where they can be great healers, quite spiritual, therapeutic, but they usually have to grow and mature into this over time. The events they go through tend to backlash until they finally mature and understand the cause and effect of their mars energy.

Some get there and some never learn. After all it is known as the new beginning and "Baby" of the archetypes.

I also have the Sagittarius family, ha ha! Jupiter rules Sagittarius, so it´s kind of the higher supreme sp :61:iritual court of justice. The military/government family who might not be "Spiritually" aware in the lower conscious aspect of it. They all have their opinions, their beliefs, their theories, concepts, and ideas of what they "Believe" happened, versus what really happened. False beliefs.

As it is easy to play the ethical, moral, officer, but if you don´t have the hard facts, evidence, and trying to base judgments off fake family news, gossip, rumors, and what´s said through the grape vine, then when they stand together and collapses because Jupiter rules Sagittarius, they´re not to happy they believed one another and then arguments come in. Which of course is the other side of the axis Gemini.

And then because fire usually is our good dharma, they end up creating karma with one another. :61: "Maya Illusion" and mirroring that Sagittarius of half man and half animal. The good and evil. the shadow and light, and "Who is the real "monster here." in the family. Is it you, me, her. We´re our own worst enemy.

Then you have the snake oil salesman that comes in once in awhile.

Ah...and the Leo Pluto Generation. Fiery Generals! :61:

I think the fire signs, like myself probably have a lot of experience with the fire element. They tend to do a lot of good on the planet, but they can also be a reckless mess at times learning how to use that fire in a positive way. They have their challenges communicating effectively. Tends to be arguments and fights. :61:

They do not always understand water either. It´s a foreign language, and I have learned when someone has too much water in their chart they can end up putting out your fire. It needs careful balance and consideration in relationships because too much of any element can have a negative effect on another person´s elements.
February 27, 2021 at 12:35
(Aquarius) christiney
In my experience being extremely air dominated and knowing other air doms..... yes. we tend to detach from the intensity of our emotions. I think some of us give too much thought into forms of emotional art. Sometimes i can be equally as passionate and emotional but then feel some sort of shame after. It can be draining for me constantly dealing with someone who is just as emotional as i am, but im rarely the one who shows it. I think air signs have a tendency to separate themselves from their emotions as they don´t want to seem weak. If im upset i HAVE to numb myself or distract myself as much as possible. maybe i just need therapy lol. It takes a lot of coercing to get an air sign to open up obviously lol and they really are afraid to be sad or become comfortable in their own darkness. I guess in conclusion we feel like emotions can take us down a "rabbit hole" of some sort.

Watching your video however, It was almost soothing. Like you were communicating how you just felt in a unique way aka in video. I didnt take it as a cry for help at all. I think air signs have this thing where they get surprised that other people can feel just as dark if they´ve always been exposed to positivity....and they themselves cant help but associate with their own emotions. They always want to help other people feel happy. they are willing to be the martyr for other peoples emotional wellbeing because they dont understand their own emotions yet.
February 27, 2021 at 12:16
Well yes I can notice other peoples emotions behind their mask, however it´s harder for me to notice this with air signs or if I would speak with someone through text/messages like we do now(unless the person decides to open up ofc). I hope you got your question answered.
February 27, 2021 at 06:54
(Taurus) Rosincvist
If someone with a grand trine in Air had the :181: planet :194: :172: :116: then there would be a conflict between emotional security and the great working brain!
A :180: :152: :194: the :177: part of an air stellium would mean that the world of emotion is an annoyance and irritation!
:182: :152: :194: :173: :153: A true war between separate realities!
February 27, 2021 at 03:17
(Virgo) rohini moon » nikkia
I agree with you about the hate for my mother. It´s very hard to move passed that when she´s never made one attempt to try and fix all the problems she´s caused. Or just flat out say "I´m sorry" She can´t right her wrongs if her whole life depended on it. She´s the biggest coward you would ever meet. With a swollen ego to match...someone who never takes any responsibility for her horrible decisions nor neglect, just pushes blame on others, to try and appear as the "saint" who could do no wrong... A true coward.

Thing is, It doesn´t have that effect on me that it seems to have with you, I guess it´s because she chooses to ignore everything by not speaking to me for about 22 years now. I have a lot of anger and hatred towards her that I don´t think will ever go away.

Thanks for the nice words about my dad,Nikki. It does mean a lot, he was a good man, he did his best, and he had a helluva personality, very funny. That´s what most people remember about him.....

:62: love right back at ya...
February 27, 2021 at 03:01
(Aquarius) nikkia » rohini moon
Oh, Ro... you move me. You always have. You always will.

Damn, it sucks. Right? Even when we are helpless to change circumstances, we find strength to do what needs to be done for those we love. Keeping it together for someone who is already suffering is noble, but no one has to keep everything to him/herself. I learned this when I found real love. Whether it was the love of a lover or a trusted, true friend.

My parents didn´t want to be burdened (you know this about me) so I learned to mind my own feelings. I also learned that people who truly love you aren´t burdened by your suffering. They will be there, like you were there when duty called you. Always remember, you´re never alone. I mean it.

I totally agree with fixing issues and talking things out ! This is healthy. People who don´t want to engage, don´t want change.

Sadly, I´ve bumped up against some people and issues that cannot fixed. But the only way to truly find out - is to try. My mother was one of those people. I felt such contempt for her -- and tried to remedy it. Big fail.
Once I accepted my hate, I embraced it fully -- and it went away. Funny how that works.

I am sorry about your dad. I know you loved him. Maybe one day you´ll share a happy or funny story about him. He seems pretty cool. I´m sure he was proud so have such a wonderful, strong daughter.

I love ya, Ro. You´re a good woman. Thank you for being a friend.
February 27, 2021 at 02:27
(Virgo) rohini moon » nikkia
You wrote some good stuff, Nikki. I like a lot of what you said, but this, in particular hit home:

"When my dear friend had cancer, I waited until I got home to cry. I needed to be strong for her so she could be weak and fall to ground in tears. I´d sit and hold her on the floor. That´s how we needed each other to be. She was a water sign who needed my air to dry her tears.
I didn´t mind being strong for her. It was an honor."

I had to be there like that for my dad when he was bedridden. . I had to be put through a lot, that I never dreamed possible. I may have only gotten teary once or twice infront of him. I mainly broke down, when I was alone. Even then, once or twice. i can relate to what you´ve said. I´m the type who keeps it all to myself, as not to burden anyone..

But, in other terms, I am also very capable of "talking things out " - I´m the type who if I feel like someone has an issue, I´d rather address it, and try and fix it, if applicable rather then just sitting there with myself, or, the other person feeling contempt.
February 27, 2021 at 02:18
"I appreciate your input :1: I´m glad you are in touch with your emotions!"

I am. Thanks for noticing.

I can´t help wonder why you ignored a very simple question about your own feelings. Any reason for that?
February 27, 2021 at 01:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I just wanted to add, I am not at all judging your art or your desire to express yourself this way.

I actually sometimes find grey skies comforting. Not light, not dark. (I currently have secondary progressed capricorn Moon in 12th)
February 27, 2021 at 01:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I liked your poem. If I had written it, I would definitely be in a period of depression. I personally deal with dark stuff either alone or with some type of counciler. ´Dark´ stuff is not an organizing principle of my life though. Sure I have stuff do deal with, but my Sun is in Gemini in my 5th house.

I can get overwhelmed with ´dark´ stuff in the world. I am not lacking compassion at all. But when everything is going well, I want to be creative and ´play´.

Lots of my personal darkness has to do with having been abused as a child, and then later. I don´t carry things like jealously, envy and greed. Quick to forgive and let go. I want everyone to be doing well.

I do have Saturn in Scorpio semi-square Mars in Cancer. I have had to deal with my ´violent´ defensiveness if someone persists in trying to harm me or others. That can get pretty dark. This is not something I normally would share with friends though.

You will get along better with some people than others. People don´t always like me when I try to talk about some ´political´ nonsense going on in the world somewhere. I hate when innocent people are suffering. I want something done about it. Most people I talk with really don´t care so much. I can start to lose faith in humanity. Then I have to remember all the people who do care and try to do something about it. All the air in my chart actually helps me maintain some distance and rationally. If I were to despair and refuse to continue learning and being aware of world issues, I most certainly would then be of little use in helping to change things. Sure, I just want to play, I really do. So I seek friends to ´play´ with.

Here´s my perspective. Do I have food in the fridge? Do I have warm clothes to wear? Do I have a safe place to sleep at night? Do I have access to a shower, to clean and safe drinking water? If I have just these things, I am doing better than many people on our planet. What could I possibly have to complain about? By the way, I have more than this.

There is nothing wrong with being happy. There is a difference between stuffing emotions and having a positive attitude. Oh, and if someone has been traumatized, then keeping their vagus nerve functioning well (by singing, dancing, humming.. and being happy) can help in healing. A person can´t process everything at once. By the way... emotions are best felt. Not talked about. This way you can let them go.
February 27, 2021 at 00:37
I appreciate your input :1: I´m glad you are in touch with your emotions!
February 26, 2021 at 22:54
Sorry for what? My friends are great! Or I´d get rid of ´em. I don´t mind that they like when I express myself on a more personal, intimate level once in awhile. It´s a good thing. When they really ask, I really tell. Once in a blue moon, I tell them I NEED to talk (rare, though!)

It´s so easy to assume that people who don´t ´complain´ much don´t have their moments of doubt, fear or pain!

Anyone who knows me, knows they will never cry alone. I will cry with them.
Beauty makes me cry, too. Every time. So, this notion that air signs are void of feelings is just nonsense. I can break down into tears watching the evening news sometimes. Or looking at a new born baby! A blubbering mess of love or pain and empathy.

How we handle feelings is one thing. When we show them is another.

If you knew me in real life, you´d know my face hides nothing. That´s why people trust me. If I mask something, it´s usually to shield someone else but, it´s from love and caring. There´s a time and place for certain expressions. When my dear friend had cancer, I waited until I got home to cry. I needed to be strong for her so she could be weak and fall to ground in tears. I´d sit and hold her on the floor. That´s how we needed each other to be. She was a water sign who needed my air to dry her tears.
I didn´t mind being strong for her. It was an honor.

I didn´t mind I crying hard in a public, at the airport, in front of hundreds of people when I greeted my BFF off the plane after her father´s death. Never felt a moment´s shame.

I also didn´t mind screaming at a cop who was treating a friend like a dog one night for no damn reason. I wasn´t having his crap! She loved that !!! So, it all depends. You gotta show your love ! Talking only goes so far.

What someone considers a ´problem´ might just another Friday to me. Water off a duck. I´ve been told that I´m thick-skinned. It doesn´t feel this way - but compared to others, maybe I am. People get bogged down in such petty things, I don´t know why they waste their time and energy.

My water sign friends have always marveled at my ability to ´recover´ so quickly. I´ve lived through what others call horror. They want to know how I do it. I can´t rightly explain it - not like I would tell someone a recipe to how to bake a cake, but... there are layers there.

For you, I´ll do my best to give you a front row seat into my heart and mind:
Some of it is not making my ´problems´ someone else´s problem. This takes discipline and caring. I don´t want other people feeling badly on my account. Everyone has their own lives and troubles to look after. I´m a big girl. Responsible for my own feelings. And mature enough to consider other people´s feelings at the same time. It´s a delicate balance.

Also, believing all things pass, gives me hope. Looking at life as big school makes hard lessons easier to accept. Realizing I´m not the only person to ever suffer... and other people have it WAY worse than I do, makes it hard to feel sorry for myself - for too long.
Knowing I´m loved and cherished and have a purpose in this life is that little bit of sugar that helps the medicine of life go down easier. Plus, why make the world a shittier place with putting even more negativity out there? This solves nothing ! There´s so many factors, for me anyway.

I guess, I´ve always had peacefulness about life. And death. Life is so freaking short - enjoy it. Warts and all. Gratitude and counting blessings goes a long way, too. People forget just how lucky they really are! And then wonder why they aren´t happier.

When I was 18, lost, and living in a basement (after being homeless, working in factory and living in a rotted out car - you could literally see the road underneath ya!) I began to cry because I had no milk to put into my morning tea. God, I felt so low. But, then it hit me! I had clean water, tea bags and sugar. What I am crying for? I had more than I didn´t have. Still ´til this very day, I drink my tea without milk. It´s like a silent prayer of THANK YOU. This may be a very small example, but I know you are trying to understand and so I am trying to explain.

And the other side -- when I´m pissed, I´m pissed. I make no apologies.
When I´ve had enough of A,B & C, I do something to change it. When I´m sad, I cry or write or talk to a friend... or all of these.

Owning your feelings is something anyone can do. I just don´t have to make a big production over it. They are just feelings. They pass. Not a big deal.

Amandaallansson... I´m thinking most water signs would be able to sense a person who is pretending to act happy when they are dying really inside, no?

I can.
It´s an easy one.
Can´t you?

I´ve even busted my share of Scorpios, too. :62:
February 26, 2021 at 21:21
(Aries) ram_goat » Olenna
I think it depends a lot on context and who is expressing to whom. There are many variables here.

Yes.
February 26, 2021 at 21:14
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Emotions are like hot sauce. A bit of them spices things up....but I don’t want to drink a gallon of hot sauce.
February 26, 2021 at 20:44
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » nikkia
Oh no!! Sorry I didn’t mean to paint a picture I didn’t like it.

I adore her airy need to verbally communicate so dang much. Sometimes and usually not really about anything that goes too emotionally deep... but I come to realize that my little airy girl often likes to lead delicately into conversations about deep things so I let her test the waters and get comfy and go where we need to go.

She’s my little rebel too. She hasn’t figured out quite yet what it is she’s rebelling against, but I’m still down for the cause. So far it appears to be the break down of gender roles which is cool. Figure out what they mean to you little one and I’m here when ya got questions. And she’s really good at coming to me which I appreciate that trust emphatically.
February 26, 2021 at 20:42
(Scorpio) amandaallansson » ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
I´m super happy that you liked my poem!! I´m actually going to launch a full poetry book with poems like this. So If you´re interested send me a PM and we can talk more! :79:
February 26, 2021 at 20:40
(Scorpio) amandaallansson » Zaza34
I´ve undergone many periods of depression in my life which I´ve worked through, through many psychological and spiritual teachings and practices aka shadow work. We tend to get depressed when we are faced with a life crisis of our inner self. Where we hav outgrown the character that we´re playing or we have outgrown the mindset and the outdated thoughts/beliefs we believe in. Also I can tell you that our fears are just an illusion because we think that they pose a threat to our own survival. Have you thought about that you might be afraid to dig deep down into your unconsciousness? That´s what depression is about, facing an inner crisis of your own identity and purpose of your life?
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »