Antiscia

February 19, 2021 at 06:38 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer
Antiscia
I found interesting post from one astrologer (AstroLada):

Some events are not shown in the chart for event is indicated by the antiscia (shadow degree) - something hidden or unconscious in our lives

Antiscia of a planet is a point equal in distance on the opposite side of the solstitial to the planet’s position.
When antiscia of the planet is triggered it always manifest its shadow side.
It also creates a powerful attraction in couples (usually indicator of karmic issues)

These are the pairs:
Capricorn- Sagittarius
Aquarius- Scorpio
Pisces- Libra
Aries - Virgo
Taurus- Leo
Gemini- Cancer

It shows events behind closed doors. Powerful when coming to timing events.

Example:
Health problem. The ruler of the 6th house is Moon (her Moon in Leo) and its antiscia is being triggered by Uranus in Taurus transit which rules that problem.

This is in synastry.
Her example. You will find Virgo and Aries dominated charts in couples attracted to each other, same for Leo and Taurus, etc.
In her analysis, the degrees were always in reverse e.g. Venus in 25 degrees Aries drawn to Moon 5 degrees Virgo: the exact shadows of each other’s Venus and Sun

Example:
Justin Bieber Moon in his 12th house (7th house co-ruler). His Saturn antiscia is right with the Moon, acting like Moon-Saturn conjunction. Shows he has issues and able to show only tough love

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 1, 2021 at 09:45
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » RA_
:1:
February 28, 2021 at 08:18
(Sagittarius) RA_
Astrology is written like a projection or a forecast it is not a complete description of a person. We have to consider the environment and time and the experience of one person. Maybe the reason why we encounter people who has the same energy or similarities with someone we hate or try to escape. Is an indication that we have to figure out from within oneself the message the universe has been trying to send us. In life we try to keep moving forward as we try to achieve our dreams and ambitions, then one day will realized that we end up facing the same thing that had been long forgotten. There´s a lesson behind to why we had to experience these things. Acknowledging someone´s flaws or incompleteness is another way for everyone to find Peace. Good thing is we don´t have to live for a hundred years to experience the different kinds of heartaches present in the world. It´s okay to feel the way you´re feeling. Knowing that you´re into astrology you are also trying to figure on how to live your life peacefully.

Thank you all for sharing.
February 26, 2021 at 09:45
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » wildfl❀wer
Antiscia transits in 2021: http://ambientastrology.com/monthly…

Manual Calculation: https://cafeastrology.com/solstice_…
February 26, 2021 at 08:41
Antiscia in the natal chart: https://astrologicalmind.wordpress.com/…

February 26, 2021 at 06:10
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » LotusStar
Forums say max 1-2 degrees of orb

AstroSeek calculator offers a list of exact degree and minutes mirroring natal placements

February 25, 2021 at 20:28
(Virgo) LotusStar
Interesting, I have a lot of Virgo and do tend to attract Aries placements... but the effects of the inconjunct are still a little problematic.

I´ll be paying attention for transits.

Do orbs still apply to this for synastry, or does it have to be exact?
February 25, 2021 at 12:24
Antiscia calculator:

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…
February 23, 2021 at 07:56
(Aries) Wolfmoon » SilverStar
"So you think it´s our Leo side?"

I think it´s because I´m awesome (thats my Leo side :4:)

"Well I´m glad you had some good experiences and arn´t as jaded as I am."

I knew them before I knew Astrology. Just knew they were Pisces Sun. Both incredible artists. I guess maybe because they had something to focus on??

My Brother is a Pisces moon. He needs something to focus on. Loves his liquid... always the victim like you were saying. Everyone seems to owe him something.
February 23, 2021 at 05:10
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » Steve Guesshow
Thank you, very useful information :15:
February 23, 2021 at 05:00
(Leo) SilverStar » Steve Guesshow
I like your description. That was very helpful, Thank you.
February 23, 2021 at 04:09
(Leo) SilverStar » Wolfmoon
"You and me attract the same."

It seems like...Dang! lol
So you think it´s our Leo side?

Well I´m glad you had some good experiences and arn´t as jaded as I am. :1:
February 23, 2021 at 00:28
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Back to astrology: Antiscia is very logical method, if you can imagine, what it really is. But you must think in 3D, in "space", not only in "plane". In astrology, we don´t have longitudes only, but also latitudes. Latitudes can be ecliptical or equatorial (also called declinations). Let´s focus on them. Declination is, simply said, angle between point on ecliptic and equator, more simple: how high or low is celestial body from equator. Spring and Autumn points (0°Aries and 0°Libra), where ecliptic meets the equator, have 0°declination, Summer point (0°Cancer) has highest declination, cca +23° and Winter point (0°Capricorn) has -23°. And if we look on Antiscia, we can figure out that antiscia points are points with the same declination as original points. So...if we can imagine it - 0°Cancer or Capricorn has no antiscia (they are mirroring in themselves) and 0°Aries has antiscia in 0°Libra (and vice versa). So, the solstice axis (0°Cancer/Capricorn) is the main axis that mirrors antiscia.
There is one house system, which is quite new...called Krusinski/Pisa, and it is the only one house system that also mirrors house cusps as antiscia: MC has its own antiscia, AS is mirroring in DS, 2nd cusp in 6th, 3rd in 5th and so on...
And what is antiscia, astrologically? Well, it is something like the shadow of ourselves, our double or "dark twin", which is situated somewhere in antispace. It is something that we don´t know...and yet, we know it, actually. We see it by the very corner of our eye...but when we try to see it directly, it disappears. But it is not dark or evil at all...it is connection by umbilical cord, we are somehow bonded...We can see that antiscia is very inspiring and eloquent in relationships...if we cannot find some strong emotional or other attachment between two persons in aspects, we can look on antiscia...there is always at least one piece...
February 22, 2021 at 22:19
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » SilverStar
Interesting...

I usually just think Pisces are pretty boring, ones I´ve met personally, though I´d definitely agree on their mental instability at times as well... I think it matters greatly which sign their moon is in, to counter balance that.... I´ve never really known a Pisces moon. Just sun and ascendant...

And yeah, they can often be insane and/or living in la la land.....

There is some Pisces on here,( though not in the Vedic system) that come off stable, sane and rational. Though, just the same, I´ve come across some with a screw or two missing...

Such is the dichotomy of the sign itself - and all signs really - I guess... On one hand, spiritual and compassionate, on the other a drunkard living in delusion....
February 22, 2021 at 10:01
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » Wolfmoon
she merely posted a message about an upcoming webinar on YouTube (not a video) the day after you discussed this: https://www.youtube.com/c/…

yes, her husband like me libra asc and cancer sun and she discusses him and their events a lot, which is great to me, I like her channel too :15:
February 22, 2021 at 09:23
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"Aries Sun: However since joining this site, Virgo. Virgos everywhere. I have nothing in Virgo that I´m aware of´

forgive me for bringing up your/other person quotations from other threads :61:?"

Actually came to agree with your post and to add to the above :4:

That makes sense. Virgos everywhere for my Aries sun but coincidentally, for my Aqua Asc they´ve mostly been Scorpio Asc.

One of them is a Taurus Moon which fits my Leo Moon accordingly. They do be good people.

I never really have got along with Libra however, with my Aries sun.

"It also creates a powerful attraction in couples (usually indicator of karmic issues)"

Even this with my Ex. Virgo Sun. Mental everywhere else.

Good topic, learning something new :15: I enjoy Lada. Very similar placements to me. Surprised I hadn´t come across this.
February 19, 2021 at 15:58
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer » SilverStar
I think sign placements matter in predictions otherwise only sign is enough in synastry

February 19, 2021 at 15:05
(Leo) SilverStar
Do the sign placements matter or just having the sign in general?

I can´t say as a Leo I´ve been much attracted to a Taurus... Infact I´ve always butted heads with them being Aries moon.

I´m Libra in Venus and I certainly DO. NOT. like Pisces either..

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »