Mercury in the houses

February 8, 2021 at 17:16 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Icedcoofee89
Mercury in the houses
I am recently getting into astrology and found an interest in mercury placements. For instance, If mercury is placed in the first house does this entail a fast thinking process? What if the moon squares mercury can that result in knowing what you want but trouble putting it into words?

I appreciate any feedback!! <3

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 9, 2021 at 21:28
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I think to interpret Mercury you need to look at the sign it is in and the house. Then if there are any aspects to it - you need to interpret the planet that aspects it in its sign and house. Saying the Moon squares Mercury without interpreting the signs and houses they are in, isn´t saying too much. You can´t accurately interpret any part of the chart without putting it into the whole chart and assessing it within the whole. Only then can you be sure that you´ve got the interpretation right. In short, Moon square Mercury can have several meanings depending upon the sign, house and how it functions in the whole chart.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
February 9, 2021 at 14:36
(Leo) Anni23
I would have to partially disagree, perhaps the signs are more important but the houses are there for a reason as they follow in from whatever the ascendant is. And you can see patterns occurring in the charts of many famous people of whatever profession. Of course the signs and aspects influence just as much towards a collective effect. I have several planets in the 12th, two in the same sign, and I know
this is no accident..

There are people that also think that the houses are governed by each of the 12 signs, well at least they synonymous with the characteristics also belonging to those signs. So yes Aries qualities may contribute to this placement of mercury in the first. But then also your mercury is in Virgo, which is more methodical, but then it´s also in your 1st which is ruled by your ascendant in Leo. So also these characteristics would combine. Well as I am a Leo I can attest to being sometimes more laidback as one characteristic, and at other times more energetic, but then my ascendant is different. (libra/gemini, which again is relaxed sometimes and sometimes not so much ha)
So for you I´d say you might seem nervous but relaxed, also because your sun is in the 1st too but it´s in Virgo as well
February 9, 2021 at 02:05
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The signs are more important than the houses, otherwise I would be H.P.Lovecraft all over again which is definitely not the case at all! Sometimes the Rodden Rating XXX folks are at an advantage in that their charts aren´t junked-up by houses to compete with the signs! :44:
That Venus in 2nd house Libra is a good mental addenda to your whole chart!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »