Experiences/thoughts on ´Out of Bounds Planets (OOB)?

January 24, 2021 at 15:08 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Experiences/thoughts on ´Out of Bounds Planets (OOB)?
Does anyone have thoughts/experiences with ´Out of Bounds´ (OOB) personal planets. My moon and venus are out of bounds in Capricorn. By and large I do not relate to the descriptors of Moon and Venus in Capricorn - perhaps for me this manifests in that the OBP planets transcends the bounds of the sign placement? Any thoughts on OBPs? Any experiences to recount?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 16, 2021 at 14:29
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
I forgot to add everyone in this thread as a ´friend´. I am learning and you all have great perspectives that can help me better understand the many facets of the art and science of astrology. It would be easier to follow your threads/replies if I added you as friends, thanks for adding me back if you are so inclined.... :74:
January 26, 2021 at 15:10
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » alphagemini
Greetings,

"By definition, an OOB planet is one that exceeds 23 degrees 27 minutes either North or South of the equator" ( https://www.astronumerologywisdom.com/… )

You can view whether you or not you have OOB here on Astro-seek by clicking the option ´Positions´ tab under your chart and then looking to the ´Decl´ column. It will note ´OOB´ next to a planet.

I did a quick look at your Positions and do not see any Planets in the list noting OOB. There could also be Asteroids OBB. I have Eros and Ceres OOB as well but I am not sure if there is any relevance in regard to Asteroids?

I don´t think it is the same as void of course, but I am not well versed on void of course of the moon. Perhaps someone else in this string can comment on that?

If you are interested in learning more about OOB - see the links in this string - they are helpful. :74:
January 26, 2021 at 14:37
(Aries) alphagemini
What are out of bounds planets? Is that the same as void of course? i.e. without aspect?
January 26, 2021 at 14:31
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » Moon_Queen
:1::17: Thanks!
January 26, 2021 at 07:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
So refreshing to read something new and interesting. Thanx for the topic :62:

I´m all under the Sun but my both daughters have a "wild" Mars. :11:
January 25, 2021 at 18:35
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
There is so much information out there, but here is a link to an astrologer who tested the percentages of certain groups who have 1, 2, 3 OOBs:

https://www.astronumerologywisdom.com/…

It seems about 50% of all people have one OOB, around 20% have two OBP, around 3% have three OBP, and less than a 1% have four OOB.
January 25, 2021 at 15:41
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » LotusStar
Thanks LotusStar and Jay Jay, the links and notation of experiences are helpful. It seems all that have contributed so far on this post (you, me and Jay Jay) have heavy Uranus influence(for me 10+ aspects in that dominant aspect calculator - including an almost exact trine with my moon and a square with my sun and wide square with venus)- so that´s interesting. It also is clear we were all the outliers in our families of origin. This also applies to my situation - my mother always said to me with immensee frustration -" You march to the beat of your own drummer", "Where did you come from" (ie. I was not like the rest of them - which was a good thing, as they all suffered/do suffer from varying mental illnesses). Luckily, that infliction skipped me, so I was different than them all. I was happy-go-lucky, contrary to the doom and gloom angst they all had/have. I did, however, always try to help them - which they took as overbearing and pushy - indeed the enemy - must definitely viewed as the enemy within. I guess that attempt to help could be a Cap moon, but virtually everything else about a Cap moon does not apply to me - would be interesting if other OOB could chime to further test theories on OOBs....

Thanks again for your feedback on this OBP question! :74:
January 24, 2021 at 23:51
(Virgo) LotusStar
I have OOB Moon too. I do relate to my Moon sign but also to the feeling of being kind of outsider and black sheep of my family. Did my own thing mostly despite their pressures and social constraints.

Seems Out of bound planets carry a Uranian type energy. But I have a very Uranian chart in general (Uranus/Moon and Uranus/Sun aspect, 11 house stellium, Aquarius IC) so it´s hard for me to dissociate the influence.

Here´s a link I found with explanations for each planet, might help: https://www.jamesburgess.com/out-of…
January 24, 2021 at 22:30
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » MagentaP
Yes, I really do feel like a Sag Moon. Along with being out of bounds, Moon is even the apex of a yod from Uranus and Venus!

I was the family scapegoat - always felt like the odd one out. But even my Uranus is out of bounds and the odd one out. The odd one out is the odd one out.

I don´t know. Out of bounds fits me but it´s hard to tell if it´s because of out of bounds planets. Uranus is very strong in my chart square Sun, quincunx Moon and other aspects.
January 24, 2021 at 21:45
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » JayJayAstrology
Thanks Jay Jay, that list is very interesting. Yes, ´CHOOSING TO LEAVE´ and ´BREAKING SOCIAL CONSTRAINTS´ can easily be applied to me (but, then I also have Uranus Square Sun). Maybe a bit ZANY/quirky CHARACTER too (however, I am Sag and maybe we are all Zany). So, I guess the mystery remains. For me, the only thing that might attribute to the OOB is that I do not identify with Cap Moon or Cap Venus and I could never figure out why...maybe it is because they are OBP.

Let´s test it a bit, does your OOB moon really actually feel sagittarius?
January 24, 2021 at 15:32
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
That´s a tough one. I have Pluto, Uranus and Moon out of bounds. I fit the "Maverick" description, but I have Uranus square Sun and I´d fit it anyway.

I got this list of Out-of-Bounds Moon from somewhere - I can´t recall now - could have been an article in Mountain Astrologer. The idea is the out-of-bounds person is "different". I imagine it applies to other planets - but I personally don´t know if just being out of bounds is enough - without other planetary influences saying the same thing. Charts do speak in themes.

I have not been able to verify the validity of this list - but it´s interesting.

CHOOSING TO LEAVE
Often people born under an Out of Bounds Planet display a tendency to walk away from situations which more conventional individuals might consider prestigious or desirable. Voluntarily, they exile themselves from success as it would be defined at the tribal level.

BOLD, GROUNDBREAKING GENIUS
The classic definition of genius is the ability to “think outside the box,” and people born under an Out of Bounds Planet often display that quality abundantly. Of course they are not all necessarily “geniuses” who will be remembered in history. Far more often they are more normal people who simply display unique talents and quirkish interests. I believe that historical geniuses tend more than average to have an Out of Bounds Planet, but it is also significant to note that many recognized geniuses do not have it.

BREAKING OUT OF SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS
We are all heavily programmed from childhood by the forces of sociology and demography. A soul born into the ghetto and a soul born into the Country Club would naturally be expected to go down different roads in life. Yet with an Out of Bounds Planet, we often see a pattern of escaping these constraints of social training and expectation.

SOCIOPATHY AND CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR
On the dark side of the equation, an Out of Bounds Planet can indicate an indifference to consensual and universal laws of moral and ethical behavior. Cold-hearted destructiveness and amorality can arise—what we might call “criminal behavior” in an absolute sense rather than in a legalistic one.

ALLEGED SOCIOPATHY AND CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR
Of course criminality is to some extent in the eye of the beholder. Those who simply follow their own path in accord with natural law might sometimes be accused of such deviations. Jesus was duly tried and convicted, for example. And then there are situations of crimes alleged but not proven, where the truth remains murky. Out of Bounds Planet people are often implicated in all of these kinds of circumstances.

“NICE” OUTLAWS
Where would we be without people who experiment with the boundaries of morality, normalcy, and risk? The “naughty” part of ourselves identifies with them and celebrates them. We might not be brave enough to follow in their footsteps, but part of us goes there vicariously and experiences an emotional lift. Out of Bounds Planet people often fit this description.

THEOLOGICAL OUTLAWS
Every society has its religion, in some sense of the word—a set of beliefs by which both reality and moral behavior are defined. Out of Bounds Planets are often present in thinkers and spiritual teachers who stand outside that framework. They may illuminate us, or offend us, or simply encourage us to ask paradigm-challenging questions.

ZANY CHARACTERS
Every town has its eccentrics. They may seem edgy and dangerous, or entertaining, or delightful, or funny, or just weird. Each eccentric tends to be eccentric in his or her own way—that’s really the point! In whatever style or fashion these eccentrics may go about stretching the limits of the expected, there is an elevated tendency to find an Out of Bounds Planet in their natal charts.

LITERALLY, OUT OF THIS WORLD
Sometimes symbolism is very concrete. an Out of Bounds Planet is found in the charts of many who leave the boundaries of this world in more-or-less concrete ways.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »